PDA

View Full Version : Tool Snob

Tyler Howell
08-23-2004, 7:31 PM
Came home from my whirl wind tour to Xmas in summer.
Presents from Uncle Bob, SMC hats and the parts for my Nail Gun all arrived today.
I must have been very good. :rolleyes: Now I am an official Tool Snob and member of the club :p.

Thanks Uncle Bob! ;)

Dick Parr
08-23-2004, 7:41 PM
Nice Score Tyler. :p Enjoy. Welcome back, sure has been quit. :D

Bruce Page
08-23-2004, 7:41 PM
Came home from my whirl wind tour to Xmas in summer.
Presents from Uncle Bob, SMC hats and the parts for my Nail Gun all arrived today.
I must have been very good. :rolleyes: Now I am an official Tool Snob and member of the club :p.

Thanks Uncle Bob! ;)
Waaaaaaaaa! I want an Uncle Bob! Waaaaaaaaa!

Christian Aufreiter
08-23-2004, 7:42 PM
Hi Tyler,

congrats on your new tools and welcome to the club. I also expect "Christkind" (who I still prefer over Santa) to stop by soon.
BTW, I wonder if coffee tastes different in this Festool cup.

Regards,

Christian

Jack Young
08-23-2004, 8:03 PM
Tyler-

Congrats!!! Good choices. Missed you on the many threads now for a while.

Christian-

The coffee won't taste much different, but it won't have any sawdust in it, either.

Jack

Tyler Howell
08-23-2004, 8:07 PM
Tyler-

Congrats!!! Good choices. Missed you on the many threads now for a while.

Christian-

The coffee won't taste much different, but it won't have any sawdust in it, either.

JackThanks Jack, LMAO!:p the DC on the Festool is Awesome!;)

Kelly C. Hanna
08-23-2004, 8:33 PM
Way to go Tyler! Looks like you got some great goodies there....nothing wrong with tool snobbery!!http://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gifhttp://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Rich Konopka
08-23-2004, 8:51 PM
SNOB - One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

I think It's more

Class - A social stratum whose members share certain economic, social, or cultural characteristics

One of these Days I have to get me one those Green Colored Cultural Characteristics.

John Miliunas
08-23-2004, 9:33 PM
Hey, congrats there, Buddy and welcome to the "club"! :D Everyone tells me the Rotex is the cat's meow and I know you'll love the jigsaw from personal experience! Great choices! :) Don't think I even have to tell you to "have fun"! :cool:

Frank Pellow
08-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Great coffee mug! I would love to get one of those. :D

Oh yes, the tools are probably OK too. ;)

Dale Thompson
08-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Tyler,
I hope you realize that those new tools have to be plugged into an electrical outlet. After buying those tools, do you still have enough money to run a power line to your shop? Just a thought. I didn't mean to spoil your party. ;)

Nice Stuff, guy!

Dale T. :)

Tyler Howell
08-23-2004, 10:53 PM
What????Get them dirty???? This isn't the Neander section???? I've been robbed!!:eek:

Don Selke
08-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey Tyler:

Very nice Job, I have the same sander here in the shop. I also bought the vacuum to go along with it. When I bought it and snuck it into the shop, I thought what did I do. Lots of money but now that I have it I do not know what I ever did without it. Have not used the belt sander since. You are going to love that sander. Was going to buy the drill package this fall but am going to buy a new router and router lift instead. As soon as it cools off here in the south west, I am going to start a new router table as one of my first projects.

Jim Becker
08-24-2004, 1:02 AM
Very kewel, Tyler...just the right color to contrast nicely with the PM Gold, too... :D

Mark Singer
08-24-2004, 3:10 AM
Tyler,
Very nice! Again!

Make something?

John Miliunas
08-24-2004, 8:01 AM
Make something?

Mark, you are stitch! :D Talk about subtleness! :eek: Tyler, watch out....You're being watched! Very, VERY closely! :p Quick, make some sawdust, get the glue and clamps out and post a picture of a project. *ANY* project. A table, a desk, picture frame, drawer....Aw heck, a small step stool! Anything! :D :cool:

Mark Singer
08-24-2004, 9:11 AM
Thanks, John....you said it so well! "Anything" a shaving a bit of dust, a tuna sandwich?

James Carmichael
08-24-2004, 9:22 AM
Not fair! Why don't I have an Uncle Bob??

Frank Pellow
08-24-2004, 9:24 AM

You do -Bob Marino.

Mark Singer
08-24-2004, 9:53 AM
We all have Uncle Bob! Just a click away....have your card ready!
http://festool.safeshopper.com/

Ken Salisbury
08-24-2004, 10:01 AM
We all have Uncle Bob! Just a click away....have your card ready!
http://festool.safeshopper.com/Having an Uncle Bob is cool -- However, not having enough "Uncle Sam" ($) I may never get to try one of those FT's.:( Oh well, living on a fixed income isn't really all that bad when ya think about it.:) :D

Frank Pellow
08-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Having an Uncle Bob is cool -- However, not having enough "Uncle Sam" ($) I may never get to try one of those FT's.:( Oh well, living on a fixed income isn't really all that bad when ya think about it.:) :D

Re the "Uncle Sam" ($). Consider yourself lucky to be paying US prices. Buying the tools in Canada costs me at least 20% more -customs brokerage, higher taxes, and higher shiiping charges.

And, I see from their WEB site, that things are even worse in Australia.

Dennis Peacock
08-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Way to go Tyler!!!!! You gonna love them tools!!!! That reminds me, I need to call Uncle Bob and order more sandpaper.!!!!! :rolleyes:

Chris Padilla
08-24-2004, 12:29 PM
That reminds me, I need to call Uncle Bob and order more sandpaper.!!!!! :rolleyes:
You are definately low on sandpaper, Tyler!! :D