PDA

View Full Version : There has to be something like this Electronics mount

Curt Harms
06-17-2009, 11:20 AM
I bought a Pioneer F500BT GPS gadget. I found out today this model is being superceded but I got it at a good enough price -$169- that I'm not too concerned. It comes with a mounting system but I want another one so I can move it between vehicles. Pioneer includes one cradle, they want $88 for another one. The cradle includes connectors to be able to wire the gadget into the vehicle audio system and to be able to use it for Ipods and such. I don't need those capabilities so I don't think so for $88. Does anyone know of an alternative means to clamp this critter? The integral audio and microphone work well enough so all I need is a means to hold it in place. I'm thinking of a C shaped bracket that's spring loaded so it can be opened, the navigator rested on the lower part of the C then the top part of the C grips the top of the device. Thanks for any thoughts.

Curt

Edit: The dimensions are 3 3/4" high and 1" thick.

Lee Schierer
06-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Check out ebay. They have several mounting options listed for that model GPS for less than $88.

John Fricke
06-17-2009, 4:54 PM
I've been happy with mounts I purchased from http://www.bracketron.com

They offer vehicle specific brackets as well as generic.

Curt Harms
06-18-2009, 9:06 AM
I've been happy with mounts I purchased from http://www.bracketron.com

They offer vehicle specific brackets as well as generic.

Thanks. Bracketron has a possibility if the size works out.

Jim Becker
06-20-2009, 5:35 PM
I do hope yours works better than the Pioneer that I won in a raffle a couple years ago! 'Not even close to accurate, including locating my house 140 miles away from its actual geographic point on the planet... Sold it on EBay (with an honest disclaimer)

Curt Harms
06-21-2009, 4:27 AM
I do hope yours works better than the Pioneer that I won in a raffle a couple years ago! 'Not even close to accurate, including locating my house 140 miles away from its actual geographic point on the planet... Sold it on EBay (with an honest disclaimer)

This is my first driving-type GPS but it seems accurate and the update speed is excellent. What IS interesting is that my house is about 300 feet off but when approaching a road intersection it's within a few feet of the crossing road centerline. I presume it's a database issue. Blue tooth phone audio seems very good for not being hooked into the vehicle audio. The POI search seems obtuse in its search functions. I also discovered the reason it was discounted--it's been discontinued along with other models in the same family. Oh well, I still like the screen size and quality.