PDA

View Full Version : Awesome service from Woodcraft!

Mark Norman
06-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Just thought I would share.
I bought a SuperNova 2 from them a few weeks back. As it turned out I had a wobble. After investigating I found that the adapter I got at the same time was too long and did not allow the chuck to fully seat on the shoulder. So I ground down the nose of the adapter and sure enough it seemed to me to spin well,,,well that term is relative, being a total noob at turning I didn't recognize right away that it still had a slight wobble to it. So I called Woodcraft and they said to send it back and they would check it out. yesterday I got around to sending it back to them and Today after I got home from work I got a call from them and sure enough, they had already sent out a replacement to me and said I should get it tomorrow or Thursday. Thats what I call good service getting it turned over the same day. I have the rest of the week off and was wondering if I would get to spend some quality time with the concrete monster and some of that beautiful claro..:D:D
I'm a happy camper!!:D:D

Steve Schlumpf
06-17-2009, 9:04 AM
Mark - always good to hear of good customer service! Hope you receive everything in time to enjoy your days off! Looking forward to seeing what you turn!

Matt Haus
06-17-2009, 11:47 AM
My Dallas location has great service as well. I've had some pen parts missing from kits and they just gave me a new kit and a free kit for the trouble.

The prices are what concern me. I would love to of bought my PM 2000 from them but I saved over 500 dollars buying from Osolnik. I know it's hard for those guys to compete but geesh, they are expensive on some items. I guess that's the price of good customer service.

Chip Sutherland
06-17-2009, 1:49 PM
My 2 opportunties:

#1 I was to receive an online WC gift certificate. I recieved the confirmation but the GC never showed. I sent them an email Sunday night and had my response Monday with the GC. No fuss, no muss

#2 I took advantage of the 20% off deal and ordered my PM 3520b at the Dallas store. As I was leaving, I stopped in to the speak with Scott (asst mgr) and told I him I ordered my PM. He asked 'why don't you take the one home we have in stock?' :eek::D. Well, I didn't have a pickup handy so I told him I'd be back to get it. He was fine with that and added '...you can take the bed extension with you today. It goes with the one we have in stock,too '.... :eek: :eek: :D :D. Being a regular and shopping locally, got me a new lathe 3 weeks earlier than planned and with a free bed extension, too.

I have also had great tourist experiences at the WC in Stanton, CA and Roswell, GA (N Atlanta).

Dave Mura
06-17-2009, 2:09 PM
I've always had good service from Woodcraft each and every time!! :)

alex carey
06-17-2009, 3:15 PM
It's always nice to hear about good service. Glad you got the situation rectified.

Mark Norman
06-17-2009, 3:18 PM
So when I get good service I pass it along by word of mouth. (or the internet)

Glad to hear the customer service at Woodcraft is not limited to just this one store..

curtis rosche
06-17-2009, 3:56 PM
when are you gonna get to wrk on the toolrest?

Mark Norman
06-17-2009, 4:26 PM
when are you gonna get to wrk on the toolrest?

Soon my friend veddy soon, I got prioities. First order of business today was to get some wood cut up into managable size pieces. Thats another thread:):D.

Go figgure I'm out there cutting wood and lookie who pulls up in me driveway??

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/triangle5/lathe%20build/100_2364.jpg

and he has a box for me from Woodcraft:D:D

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/triangle5/lathe%20build/100_2367.jpg

I guess I should be working on that tool rest sooner than later eh?

I got a few more pics of that last big chunk getting cut up to upload..Just came in for a break...