PDA

View Full Version : Portable Table Saw

Joe Markovich
06-16-2009, 2:02 PM
I think the time has come to purchase a portable table saw. Does anyone have any preferences? I have been looking at the Ryobi 10" saw with stand. This is the model sold at Home Depot and it sells for $249.

Prashun Patel
06-16-2009, 2:32 PM
Why do you need a portable table saw?
You might consider the EZ system and a good circ saw. Else, you might consider the Rigid or Bosch benchtop saws.

William M Johnson
06-16-2009, 2:43 PM
I have had a Ridgid contractors saw for several years now and am very happy with it. I also have a PM66 with all the goodies. I use the Ridgid for job site work but before I got the PM66 I used it for everything.

One thing that really impressed me was that I was able to break down whole sheets of 3/4" plywood by myself. This was due to the combination of power, fence and mobile base. I looked at all the others and in my opinon there was no comparison.

One really nice feature that was important for me is the ability to store the thing folded up on end. When folded up it is only about 18" from the wall. Collapsing the stand is easy and the wheels are big enough to make rolling it around easy. Even if you don't get the Ridgid saw you should consider the stand.

Sorry I don't have the model # but HD carries them.