PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP

Amanda Shughart
06-16-2009, 9:43 AM
Alright, I know most of you don't really know me but I need a BIG favor. I'm not a dealer, or a retailer. We don't make awards here to resell or anything just yet. We're just starting to get off the ground with our Laser.

I have a project that has been tasked to me to make an award and I have a JDS catalog that came with my machine, or in the mail, somehow or another I got a catalog and a price list from them.

Well upon talking to them I've been turned away because they only deal with dealers and such. But they couldn't tell me who the closest one was. Their site is, for lack of a better term, crap! and dosn't give any information on how to get their products.

My bottom line: I'd like to get some of these things I'm trying to order instead of having to retool my design for this award. Its just under $20 worth of stuff without shipping. I'm in Chambersburg, PA. If there is someone who thinks they may be able to help me order some of these small items I would be eternally grateful.

Respond to this message or e-mail me at amanda.shughart at us dot army dot mil and I'll get you more information.

Thanks in advance.

Amanda

George M. Perzel
06-16-2009, 9:48 AM
Hi Amanda;
Email me at gperzel@rochester.rr.com or call 585-924-4519 and I will help.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Scott Shepherd
06-16-2009, 9:48 AM
Are you a business? If so, they will give you an account. Just go up the food chain. There is no reason at all to deny selling you product. If not, try Johnson Plastics.

Amanda Shughart
06-16-2009, 9:54 AM
No. We are an Army Depot. When the officer I am working with to get the material called they wanted a Tax ID number... We're the Army.. We don't have one..

George I will be in contact.

Scott: Thanks I will also check out Johnson's to see what options I may have there.

Thank you both

Phil Salvati
06-16-2009, 10:47 AM
TAX NUMBER!!! Who needs that when you have heavy artillery! :D

Amanda... If George can't help you, let me know I will order what you need and drop ship it to you!

Thanks for your service!

Phil

Gary Hair
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
No. We are an Army Depot. When the officer I am working with to get the material called they wanted a Tax ID number... We're the Army.. We don't have one..

Scott: Thanks I will also check out Johnson's to see what options I may have there.

Thank you both

Are you buying the plaques to resell? If so, they should have no problem selling to you. If not, they should not sell to you, you would be an end-user and should buy from a reseller.

Gary

Dave Russell Smith
06-16-2009, 1:54 PM

Thank you both
What is the world coming too, when our Military service cannot place an order with a company :eek:. Someone needs a butt kicking there.

Amanda Shughart
06-16-2009, 2:05 PM
Hahah, Phil, Sadly I am merely a lowly civillian. But its an honor to be able to help our men and women from the home front and hopefully it will be my pleasure to soon provide awards for some of them and some of the civillians that do such an excellent job of getting them what they need. George has taken care of me and I'm VERY grateful for his help. I'll keep both your names written down just in case I need something like this again.

Gary: We are an end user and the whole buying things from a reseller would have been fine, if there were a way to find a reseller. The gentleman I spoke to from JDS said they did not have the capibility to just type in a zip code and see if there was around. In other words they couldn't give me a list of shops I -could- go do.

Maybe I can finagle a picture of this thing when its done. the DOD is pretty stingy on photography though.

Edit: Bah.. Note to self, Quick Reply does not go to the bottom of the post automatically..

Dan Hintz
06-16-2009, 4:31 PM
Amanda,

For future reference, I have an account with them... not exactly local, but better than most.

Gary Hair
06-16-2009, 4:52 PM
What is the world coming too, when our Military service cannot place an order with a company :eek:. Someone needs a butt kicking there.

Better yet, what is the world coming to when a government entity, paid with our taxes, wants to bypass us, the taxpayers, denying us the possibility to earn the income to pay them their wages?

I am not anti-military, I support the troops in many ways including dogtagsforkids. What I am, is against anyone who wants to deny my ability to earn a living, especially when it's the government. If you are not a business then you shouldn't be buying wholesale from a manufacturer or distributor - period. This argument has been hashed out here before and I know there are two distinct sides represented on this forum so I won't argue about it here - just my opinion.

Gary Hair
06-16-2009, 4:55 PM
Gary: We are an end user and the whole buying things from a reseller would have been fine, if there were a way to find a reseller. The gentleman I spoke to from JDS said they did not have the capibility to just type in a zip code and see if there was around. In other words they couldn't give me a list of shops I -could- go do.

Almost every engraving shop in the country has an account with JDS. It wouldn't have been very difficult to find one in the phone book.

Gary

Uma Duffy
06-16-2009, 7:02 PM
I completely agree with Gary. Completely.

Stephen Beckham
06-21-2009, 1:39 PM
Amanda,

Might be too late to help, I've been busy and haven't been in the creek for awhile...

What about your closest MWR office (or is that who you're with?). Everybase that has a laser running through their MWR shop has accounts with JDS. Not sure how they do it because they're without tax id as well, but you should be able to piggy back on thier account locally or get your own as an MWR account. Check with other bases - if you need a number, our local shop at Ft. Knox (Hansons) might be able to help you out.