PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else receive this e-mail

Mike Keating
08-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Hello,

I just received an e-mail from a Paul Diliberto. I have no idea who this gentleman is and I got an e-mail from him with an attachment that states tools for sale. I did not open the attachment and I deleted the e-mail. Given the title of the e-mail I thought I would ask around and maybe offer a warning if it in facta a virus/worm.

Mike-in-Havertown

Pete Rosenbohm
08-23-2004, 10:56 AM
No i didn't receive one , and i did not see his name on the members list.

Pete

Dennis Peacock
08-23-2004, 11:09 AM
I usually delete "junk" like that. If they aren't anyone I know and they aren't a member of SMC....DELETE..!!!! :D

Keith Outten
08-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Mike,

Just for the record SawMill Creek has never and will never provide our email liisting to anyone for any reason. This subject has come up before and it is a good time to remind everyone that we are dead serious concerning protecting our members privacy. If you or any member of SMC receives woodworking related spam or unwanted email it did not originate here at SawMill Creek.

James Carmichael
08-23-2004, 12:57 PM
I appreciate your comittment to member privacy, Keith.

I don't think I got that particular piece, but then I wipe obvious spam from my inbox so fast, I may not have noticed.

Martin Chin
08-23-2004, 2:19 PM
I think the answer might lie a post on Woodnet Forum. I suspect somehow your email address somehow got caught up in the many mailings.

Martin