PDA

View Full Version : Week Trip to Mexico and a Service Project to boot!

Brent Ring
06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
All,

Without wanting to toot my own or my families horn, we, as a part of our week long vacation to the Cancun, MX area, took one day our of our schedule and set it aside as a service project day. We knew some people down there from our church and asked them to find us a day service project. What we ended up doing was purchasing the paint and supplies from the local BORG (they still have the worst wood selection down there as well :)), and then painting the exterior facades of two homes. It was outrageously hot and humid, and we were a little concerned about sunstroke, but all in all, it was a great experience for my kids, all of whom are older now - 16-21. They were all dead tired and a little sunburnt, but all had that nice, tired smile of satisfaction on their faces as we drove back to our condo.

In addition to scuba diving with my daughter for the first time, we also saw the ruins at Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza. I did drive by a couple of lumber yards, but did not have time or inclination to torture myself staring at the beautiful planks of Mahogany and ziricote that were there. But it was a temptation. :)

It was a good trip!