PDA

View Full Version : Macro?

Bob Davis
06-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi All,
I have two laser systems - a GCC Mercury (635 x 458mm table) and an Epilog Helix (609.6 x 457.2) Both work great, but because different jobs have been saved to the different computers (both using X4) it's a pain to interchange the jobs/machines. A job saved on the Mercury system has to be rearranged to work on the Epilog and vice-versa.
Would some sort of a macro enable quick transfers between the machines? It would need to change paper size, relocate the zero/zero point, move the objects by the required amounts and also move guidelines by an appropriate amount.
I know nearly nothing about macros, but I'm hoping that some good-hearted soul (who is clearly also a genius) can point me in the right direction.

Regards, Bob

James Jaragosky
06-15-2009, 9:22 AM
Hi All,
I have two laser systems - a GCC Mercury (635 x 458mm table) and an Epilog Helix (609.6 x 457.2) Both work great, but because different jobs have been saved to the different computers (both using X4) it's a pain to interchange the jobs/machines. A job saved on the Mercury system has to be rearranged to work on the Epilog and vice-versa.
Would some sort of a macro enable quick transfers between the machines? It would need to change paper size, relocate the zero/zero point, move the objects by the required amounts and also move guidelines by an appropriate amount.
I know nearly nothing about macros, but I'm hoping that some good-hearted soul (who is clearly also a genius) can point me in the right direction.

Regards, Bob
A macro is a recording of keyboard inputs, and mouse movements and inputs, that are replayed at your command, usually connected to a hot key that you will need to activate to start the program.
A macro can be set up to do many things; but it cannot do any original thinking.
So the short answer is, yes it can do what you ask.
There are many macro programs that will do what you ask. heck my keyboard has a built in quick macro capability.
I would search for a free or shareware macro program, then play with it to determine if you have the talent to make your own. I think you will be surprised how easy it is to make a simple macro for some of your mundane tasks.
Jim J.