PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Jamieson Laser

Everett White
06-14-2009, 5:33 PM
I have finally pulled the trigger on a laser engraver. It has been about a two and half year process but it's official, I'm a laser newbe...

Friday was my first play day with it and I think nothing around the house is safe. I've marked and cut up a healthy amount of cardstock and sticky back foam.

I have a lot to learn yet and I am sure I will be asking you good folks a few questions. I have lurked on this site for a long time now and am still very impressed every time I see something new. Hopefully I will contribute something worth looking at soon.

This unit has a few features I think are pretty good like 6 inch exhaust and will take a USB flash drive to store files in the machine. Jamieson also includes lifetime phone support which I have used already. So far I am very pleased with the new laser and also with Alex and Wolfgang at Jamieson Laser. I also got some training on my machine before I made the purchase. I was very apprehensive dealing with a company that I did not have any experience with but now I would consider them again if I had to do it over.

The picture of the frame is my first official (free) project for a friend of mine.

Thanks all for introducing me to a really cool hobby and thanks again Jamieson!
Jason

doug parker
06-14-2009, 6:09 PM
Congratulations, I am new also and love lasering. Its just hard to find the time. What is the wattage of the machine? How will you friend level that picture frame up?? Have fun, This is an awsome group of people! Doug

Everett White
06-14-2009, 6:13 PM
It's 45 watts and the frame is supposed to be offset. It's kind got a "old country" look.

Brian Robison
06-15-2009, 4:42 PM
Sarcasm just doesn't work in print, does it.

Tammy Larrabee
05-11-2011, 6:18 PM
I have a 60 watt Jamieson's LG500, and no matter how many times I call Alex with an "akk I have done something wonky" issue, he walks me thru it
I Love my Jamieson's Laser