PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee 5625-20 does not like being upside down...

Matt Armstrong
06-13-2009, 10:10 PM
I mounted my 5625 to a woodpecker's aluminum plate. The component of the router that locks the threads is plastic evidently - when lifting the router upward in the table using the t-wrench, it binds very roughly and is almost impossible to lift upward without pushing simultaneously from the underside. Is this a known problem or is there a fix I'm not aware of? When the router is out of the table, with the plate on top, the threads work fine in both directions... but when the full weight of the router is hanging from it, it's a no-go in the up direction (though down is just fine).

joe milana
06-13-2009, 11:00 PM
This issue is noted in several internet reviews.

Mike Heidrick
06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
PRL is the solution!

glenn bradley
06-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I ran my 5625 as you are for quite awhile without issue on the raising and lowering. After a year or so I switched to a PRL as they had a great sale and I had always wanted one.

I did read several reports of folks breaking the little plastic piece but assumed they had used the t-wrench without opening the cam lock on the body and munched the plastic piece. I was mistaken as the early versions of the 5625 apparently did have a problem and Milwaukee was fixing it. Another early issue was arbor runout (also repaired under warranty according to folks on a couple forums).

I go my 5625 about 3 years ago through Amazon and had none of these issues. From what you describe I would call this a warranty issue. Milwaukees are warranted for 5 years. If you just got it, I would have the supplier replace it with a new one. If it has been less than 5 years, I would contact Milwaukee. The 5625 is too fine a machine for you to be unhappy with it. If mine died, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Matt Armstrong
06-14-2009, 1:13 AM
I wonder if I just got a lemon then... bummer. I hadn't even used it yet...