PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried a DualSaw yet?

Jim Mackell
06-13-2009, 9:26 PM
Has anyone tried out one of the new DualSaws that has been advertising so heavily on late night TV? It seems bizarre but appears (through video editing magic ???) to be able to cut almost anything.

Just wondering.

Brent Smith
06-13-2009, 9:33 PM
Didn't Sears come out with something like this a few years back?

Rod Goodin
06-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Yes Craftsman Twin Cutter Popular Mechanics did a review of it in 2004

Michael Flores
06-14-2009, 1:12 AM
There a show on Discovery channel that's called Pitchmen. It showed how the inventor came up with idea, and how they filmed the commercial. Sorry to say but theres no video magic. Just notice how everything they cut is very thin and soft material. Interesting show though. Never tried the saw, doesnt do anything i cant do with tools i already own. The only thing going for this machine is that it doesnt want to take off on you due to the two rotating blades in opposite directions.

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I've looked at the thing in use.
Seems to me that the kick back canceling counter rotation would be unhelpful if your hand strayed to one side or the other during the cut.

Maybe the violence of the kick causes the thing to bounce back and forth so long as you apply just enou8gh force into the cut?

Still, what use is it?

Julian Nicks
06-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Ive seen video of one of those style saws cutting a car in half. They will cut through metal with no problem. For woodworking, there's no real use.

george wilson
06-14-2009, 1:22 PM
I did see them cut square steel tubing abt. 1 1/2" square X 1 1/2" wide. I cannot see how that doesn't damage the blades,though.

Gary Click
06-14-2009, 2:44 PM
Sears just discontinued their version.