PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back from the Movies!

Bill Grumbine
08-21-2004, 7:54 PM
Howdy everyone!

I and my Poolewood arrived safely home this afternoon, despite rain the whole way home from MD, and the lathe is back in its normal spot, all hooked up and ready to turn.

It was a lot of work, but it was also a lot of fun. The film crew was easy to work with, and we got a lot accomplished in the time allotted. We shot almost five hours of tape in two days, which the film company owner says is highly unusual. He said if they get two hours they are doing well.

I should get the raw footage with a time counter in the next week or so and between myself and my producer, we will edit it down independently as we see fit. We will then return our edits to the film company who will combine them and make a rough draft, or whatever you want to call it. Then we will both go down and spend a day with them doing the final edit all toghether.

I had four former students (actually five, counting my producer) in attendance, and they were a huge help. When they weren't scarfing down pizza and hoagies, they managed to help out with setting up and taking down scenes, offering suggestions and in general doing a great job of helping us to keep things moving. I was pampered the whole time to the point where it was embarrassing. I could easily get used to it. :D

More to come as it becomes appropriate.

Bill

Michael Ballent
08-21-2004, 8:08 PM
So when is the opening and will William H. Macy be there (he is a turner as well) :D Congrats on finishing the filming!!! Can't wait till its available. Just remember the little people ;)

Wes Bischel
08-21-2004, 8:09 PM
Bill,
Glad to hear you made it home safe. It's kinda fun at a shoot - be it motion or still. Since the advent of high power computers, it's been a while since I've been on one. I hope the editing goes well - and you have everything you need. :rolleyes:

I look forward to the results.

Wes

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-21-2004, 8:57 PM
Outstanding Bill! It sounds like a wonderful experience. With your teaching and kindness toward others, I think it was your turn to be the star and get pampered for a change. ;) I look forward to being able to view the end result of your work. I hope this endeavor is a huge success for you and the production company. I would love to have an autographed copy of the DVD for my turning video collection. If I can still afford you when you become a star, I would love to come out and take a lesson or two with you. I guess I will have to arrange that with your agent! :D

Congratuations Bill...............what a once in a lifetime adventure! :)

Harry Pye
08-21-2004, 9:50 PM
Glad you and the Poolewood made it back OK. We had a really driving rain storm around here. In fact a limb of turning wood fell out of a tree just up the street.

Martin Shupe
08-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Congrats, Bill. Don't forget an autographed copy for me! Please keep us informed with progress reports, and let us know when we can place our orders!

I can say, "I took lessons from Bill Grumbine, before he was a movie star!"

Dennis Peacock
08-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Way to go Bill!!!! <b>Congrats!!!!!!</b>

I knew you would do just great.....now....just send me the 5 hours of tape so I can begin my learning process from the master turner himself.!!!!!

Oh yea....don't for get to autograph it before you send it.!! :D

Dick Parr
08-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Way to go Bill, can't wait until it is completed so it can go to market and then get one.

Jim Ketron
08-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Sounds great bill!

can't wait to get my copy!
Jim

Greg Tatum
08-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi Bill...it's good to have things go well...continued success thru the final product.

How will you make them available when all is done? Sounds like you have many eager fans waiting.

Greg

Charles McKinley
08-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi Bill,

Glad that you had a good time and that you made it home safely.

John Miliunas
08-22-2004, 12:02 AM
My daughter is the movie junkie, so she's usually the one on the lookout for new releases. THIS time, it's MY turn! :D Glad it went well for you, Bill and, I can't wait to get my mitts on my own, autographed copy! :) May you have continued good luck and success with the project! :cool:

Pete Lamberty
08-22-2004, 1:29 PM
Congrats Bill, I am glad that after all of this time it is finally happening for you. This video should be a great addition to anyones turning library.

Rob Littleton
08-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Bill,

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!..........to Hollywood :-)

I can see it now, The Turninator starring Bill Grumbine............

hehehehe

congrats anyways.

Bill Grumbine
08-23-2004, 8:40 AM
Howdy everyone

I must confess, I was treated exactly like a big movie star. I lived in the penthouse (3rd floor of the hotel), and rode to work every day in my stretch limo truck with the dark windows. It was my extended cab Chevy, and I had to drive myself, but why sweat the little details? Every time I called for makeup, someone would come out and brush shavings off my head. :p

As far as the little people are concerned, I will never forget them. Just about everyone is a little person when they are standing next to me, so I am used to it! ;)

In all seriousness though, I am very much gratified and humbled by all the support. I am not sure of our marketing ploy yet, although there will be a combination of direct sales and hopefully catalog sales as well. I know a couple of people in the catalog business, and they have agreed to take a look at the finished product. That is a foot in the door, although there are no promises to buy them. I will be sure to let you all know how things progress, and I might even turn a special pen for all the signing I will apparently have to do. :D

Bill

John Miliunas
08-23-2004, 8:46 AM
I will be sure to let you all know how things progress, and I might even turn a special pen for all the signing I will apparently have to do. :D

Bill

Darn tootin' there, Bill! :) This is one release I'm really, *REALLY* looking forward to! :cool:

Jim Becker
08-23-2004, 9:23 AM
I might even turn a special pen for all the signing I will apparently have to do.
'Gonna have to be a big one...like that monster pencil...to keep up with the fan club!!! :D

Seriously, I'm looking forward to owning and viewing the (first in a long series of) DVD(s)...:p

John M. Cioffi
08-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear everything went great. I also cannot wait for a personally autographed copy of my own DVD!:)

Thanks for all the update.
I have no problem believing that: no matter what the outcome(of fame), you will always be the same!!
May the LORD direct & Bless you.:)

John

Stefan Antwarg
08-23-2004, 10:43 AM
That's great Bill! I will look forward to being able to buy it. It must be exciting to do a project like this.

Stefan

Chris Padilla
08-24-2004, 6:09 PM
Excellent...who played your stunt-double for the "don't do this" and "here is what you look like when you don't wear a facemask and a 12" dia. bowl blank smacks you in the face"? :) I sure hope you had a professional stunt-double for those parts! :D

larry merlau
08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
well bill you got your shop cleaned by the little people for the picnic, and now you got them to do make up too? sounds like to me your the prince and you got all the elves catering to ya. but you deserve it and i too am looking forward to having my mits on one sometime in the future, the dvd, the lathe can wait i just wanna see you in action when i need some motivation :D