PDA

View Full Version : Hey you Festool Junkies

Steve Clardy
08-20-2004, 10:17 PM
You're gonna have to add me to your Festool club.:rolleyes:
I am now a Festool owner.
Just unwrapped a ETS 150/3 sander, with discs and a neat box to keep it in.
Now as Tyler probably would say,:) I haven't road tested her nor checked out the power under the hood nor seen how smooth she rides yet.:eek:

But in a few days I will check it out and report back.:)

Got a super deal through Cabinetmaker Magazine.:D

So--don't be trying to break my arm when I jump in here suggesting some best tool for a job!!!:eek::eek::eek:
John, I can't afford to be tied up in a sling right now!!!:eek: Lol
Steve

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-20-2004, 10:24 PM
RUN STEVE..................RUN!!! The Gloat/Picture Police are gonna be on ya like a duck on a June Bug! :eek:

Nice score on a great tool...............................a few pictures would have saved yer hide though! :D

Steve Clardy
08-20-2004, 10:44 PM
RUN STEVE..................RUN!!! The Gloat/Picture Police are gonna be on ya like a duck on a June Bug! :eek:

Nice score on a great tool...............................a few pictures would have saved yer hide though! :D
Hey Thanks Kevin. Forgot about the pic patrol:eek:

Maybe this will save my hide? :confused:
Steve
Ps. Also got a new mower for the Wife. Hope She doesn't spot it just yet:eek:

Jim Ketron
08-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Nice Glote Steve!
But that lawn mower :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D LMAO!! And it a riding one too!!!LMAO!!!
Jim

Dennis Peacock
08-20-2004, 10:56 PM
OK Clardy...!!!!! Almost got you on the delay of pic penalty!!!! :eek: :p

I got the same sander and LOVE IT!!!!! The only thing your missing now is a little "dust" on that new tool!! ;) :rolleyes:

Congrats Buddy!!!! You is gonna like it a LOT.!!!

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Ah................now that's better Steve. You may have saved yer hide from Chris, but now the wife is gonna kick yer butt! (I think I would take my chances with Chris...............but I guess you like a challenge!) :eek:

Love the mower................I think Dennis has one just like it! :p

Steve Clardy
08-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Nice Glote Steve!
But that lawn mower :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D LMAO!! And it a riding one too!!!LMAO!!!
Jim
Hey Hey. LMAO too!!!
Haven't figured out what to actually call it yet. Riding mower, exerciser mower, mower biker, er, well, you know. Ha:confused:

Got the pic from my Aunt. It's probably around on the net somewhere as well.
I just could not pass this one up. The devil made me do it.:eek:

Dennis Peacock
08-20-2004, 11:05 PM
I think Dennis has one just like it! :p

LOL!!!! Yea, I rode it into work tonight.....so I wouldn't have to cut the lawn when I get home after midnight tonight.!!! :p
Shoot.....how'd that mailbox get on the back of my Exerciser-Mower? :confused: :eek: :D

Frank Pellow
08-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Steve, welcome to the Festool at Saw Mill Creek "club".

I don't yet have a Festool sander. What was the super deal?

Love the riding lawnmower. :D

John Miliunas
08-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Awright, Steve!!! :D Now you're cookin' with gas, my man! And with that mower, just think of all the gas you'll be saving! :) I think you're gonna' love the sander. I've got the 150/5 version and it's smooth, so the /3 has to be finer yet! Be sure to let us know how you like it. :) BTW, good save on the "gloat pics"! :) Almost had 'ya! :p :cool:

Martin Shupe
08-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Hey Bob M., when are you going to open up the Festool sale to home hobbyists? You could sell a lot more sanders if you let everyone have it at the special price!

Can anyone say Festool feeding fenzy? It would put the Jorgy Orgy to shame!

I want a Festool sander and dust extractor, but I need to wait for a sale. :(

Charles McKinley
08-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Hi Martin,
When I was at Bob's site this week there was a sale on the sander and extractor combo. It was $75 off and some sanding disk I think. Go to Bob's info then click on his website.

New munchkin comming = no new toolys on my part. Major gloat comming soon!

Christian Aufreiter
08-21-2004, 5:31 AM
Welcome to the Festool club, Steve!

Regards,

Christian

Steven Wilson
08-21-2004, 10:08 AM
You'll like that sander and welcome to the club !

Jack Young
08-21-2004, 3:49 PM
Steve-

Welcome to the club, such as it is. I can't say enough about the gear I have from them. I'm guessing this is the first of many such purchases and we'll be hearing more from you. Incidentally, I like your posts and comments. The bike is a hoot.

Jack

Steve Clardy
08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Steve, welcome to the Festool at Saw Mill Creek "club".

I don't yet have a Festool sander. What was the super deal?

Love the riding lawnmower. :D
Frank. This was a promotion type deal to shop owners that subscribe to Cabinet Maker Magazine, from Festool through Cabinet Maker.
The price was hard to resist, and I probably should not disclose that here. I don't know if that would be correct to do, so I won't.
I am planning on giving it a test drive today. Will post back.
Steve

William Hall
08-23-2004, 3:28 PM
Good purchase, Steve. We are all light GREEN with envy;) .

William Hall

Chris Padilla
08-23-2004, 3:39 PM
Welcome to the club, Steve! Price control is pretty strict from Festool so I'm happy you found a good price on the sander. You'll love it...I have the 150/5 and it is an awsome machine.

Kelly C. Hanna
08-23-2004, 8:59 PM
Congrats Steve! Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Tyler Howell
08-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Was just telling a friend off line I never use two other Jig saws I have cause the don't work!!:(

Unloaded the Festool 300 and lit into some red oak like no tomorrow. every other JS I've used made noise, the blade went up and down, and If I was lucky burned its way through the material. the Fes cuts like a champ. Look out Bob, going to pull my kids of school so I can bu more stuff:eek:;)

Steve Clardy
08-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Well------ I'm impressed.:) Really. I am usually hard to impress with tools, but this is one great sander.

Likes--
Practically vibration free.:)
Extra long cord. That I really like.:)
Has a dust bag that works super.
Nice to handle.
Has a detachable cord. Better to store in box and on shelf.:) [I do not like to wrap cords up on tools.]

Dislikes--
Bag is probably difficult to dump. Probably need to get a supply of bags.:rolleyes:
Has H&L paper. Looks like I'm stuck with buying expensive paper.:o

Anyone know if a sticky back pad is available? Maybe I should PM Uncle Bob.
Steve

John Miliunas
08-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Well------ I'm impressed.:) Really.
Dislikes--
Bag is probably difficult to dump. Probably need to get a supply of bags.:rolleyes:
Has H&L paper. Looks like I'm stuck with buying expensive paper.:o

Anyone know if a sticky back pad is available? Maybe I should PM Uncle Bob.
Steve

Steve, get that bag OFF of there and hook yourself up to a decent vac. Lots of the guys use the Festool vac, I have a small Fein, others even use their ear-splitters (C-man, etc...). That will give you two things: Never a need to empty the bag and, it keeps the paper so much more clean, you won't be needing to buy it too often! Also, FWIW, from what I've seen of H&L pricing, the Fes prices on their paper is right in line with the general retailers and, I believe, it's every bit as good, if not better than the top-rated stuff out there! :) :cool: