PDA

View Full Version : show your garden

jim carter
06-10-2009, 9:21 PM
im taking pictures of my garden weekly to see the progression. i planted a month ago. this picture was taken today. tomatoes were bought 6" tall and 85% of the plant was buried with about an inch above ground. now are 8-12" tall. produces a better root system. red bell peppes were bought as plant, everything else was planted as seeds. my garden is 50' x 15' and i planted pumpkins outside the fence. in the background of picture 2[ see the dock? up to 7lb bass in that pond. 200' x 100' x 12' deep] is what i do while im watering the garden. lets see other gardens.

Eddie Watkins
06-11-2009, 2:01 AM
im taking pictures of my garden weekly to see the progression. i planted a month ago. this picture was taken today. tomatoes were bought 6" tall and 85% of the plant was buried with about an inch above ground. now are 8-12" tall. produces a better root system. red bell peppes were bought as plant, everything else was planted as seeds. my garden is 50' x 15' and i planted pumpkins outside the fence. in the background of picture 2[ see the dock? up to 7lb bass in that pond. 200' x 100' x 12' deep] is what i do while im watering the garden. lets see other gardens.
I'm embarassed to call mine a garden since it is only 15' x 15'. I'll get pictures tomorrow. My Dad always planted tomatoes the way you do. It seems to make the plants produce better.

Greg Stanford
06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
just small raised beds, mostly so my four year old can see something grow. Planted the week before Easter, been getting squash & tomatos for a couple weeks now.