PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Doin's.....

Dennis Peacock
08-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Well....since Mr. Lasley is busy....I keep up the tradition to see what everyone plans on doing over the weekend.

Just work for me...just like now...on the new work schedule.

So whachoo doin' this weekend?

Be Safe.!!!

John Miliunas
08-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Cut grass (again...still....yet.......as usual! :mad: ), pack up the pickup so that LOML can take a load of "stuff" to her daughter's place, continue work on the rear deck, dismantle parts off the old one, a little more cleaning in the shop and maybe, just maybe....work on clamp storage! It's kind of a mish-mash of semi-organization now and slows me down. :( Hope everyone has a great weekend! :cool:

Jim Ketron
08-20-2004, 10:32 PM
Work on the new shop haven't posted anything in a while just finishing up on a few minor things, two of my bud's are coming sat one does guttering and siding hes going to bring his machine to make my guttering he won't let pay him but the cost of material $60 for everything including downspouts nails/straps.:D and the other one is a sparktrician. Im going to get started and he is going check that everything is done properly. then he will come back to do the work on the panel in the house!:D
and I need to paint some more trim for the door and the outside will be done ( I will probably close up the bottom before winter)
I will post some pics
Jim

Steve Clardy
08-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Well....since Mr. Lasley is busy....I keep up the tradition to see what everyone plans on doing over the weekend.

Just work for me...just like now...on the new work schedule.

So whachoo doin' this weekend?

Be Safe.!!!
Well, quite strange I say. I was thinking of Mr. Lasley the other day, hadn't heard a peep:confused: from him in sometime, so I emailed him to see if He had evaporated or kicked the ol bucket.:eek:
I got a big nice HOWDY from him over in Okieland saying He was busier than a one armed paper hanger. Whee, guess that's busy.:eek:

Anyway, back to the subject on hand, I got myself tied up with a job that I now wish I hadn't of. REDOING another cabinetmakers mess in a darn ol Boat:eek: A BOAT? I do cabinets and staircases, not BOATS!!:(
Yea, I could kick myself, but it's too far along and to committed to back out now. Redoing 13 doors on the cabinets in the boat that the owner didn't like, and also remaking 4 entry doors in this floating thing too. All laminated stuff.
So I have the cab doors done, and am off to the lake tomorrow to get them installed, and see about the one heck of a mess that He has on the trim and entry doors yet.

Maybe I can squeeze in some work on the shop addition sunday, resetting a door, pitching out and sorting junk, er goodies, etc.:confused:
Steve

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Mostly general cleaning in the shop and garage. I heard from Linda at Oneida today, and my Cyclone will be here on Monday. (Stealth Gloat...........but I WILL post pics when it arrives.........I don't want Chris railin' on me TOO bad!) ;) I received the Duct Layout Design from Linda today, and it will be ordered on Monday. I have a few shop layout things to rearrange for the Cyclone install, and that will happen this weekend. All in all, so far I am very happy with the service from the great folks at Oneida.............and the Duct Design was very well thought out and just what I communicated with them. I am really looking forward to getting this system up and running...........it should be a very welcome addition to my shop! Have a great weekend all! :)

Scott Coffelt
08-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Clean the shop, wash the truck, mow the yard, watch a few movies, just the typical things.

Frank Pellow
08-20-2004, 11:20 PM
I will (finally) get back to the construction of my workshop.

With luck, I will:

1. install the chimney for the wood burning stove,

2. finish shingling the roof, and

3. temporarily install the propane space heater in order to make sure it works. I bought the space heater at a store about 1000 kilometres from here (near my summer camp) and hauled it home in my trailer. I am going back there in about a week and want to make that I came hook everything together and get it working before then.

Gilbert Vega
08-20-2004, 11:39 PM
I'll be working on my "new" Delta Milwaukee 14" bandsaw (built in 1950) that I got a few weeks ago. so far, I've torn it apart, bead blasted the entire saw, treated the rusty metal, smoothed out the castings and primed it all. Need to finish painting, install new tires, tension coil, bearings and checkout the 3/4 hp original motor. Should keep me busy.
http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albus43/bs1.gif

Ken Fitzgerald
08-21-2004, 12:05 AM
The last 5 weeks at work have been He__! The temperatures here have been 93-105 for the past 6 weeks! Low humidity but high temps. Tried to paint the new shop early one morning. Got one side done but the paint was drying too quickly. Temps are supposed to break next week. Tomorrow I've rented a ditchwitch to dig and re-install the sprinkler system in the backyard. My old system (3 circuits) was destroyed during the construction of my new shop. If the temps do, indeed drop into the 70s-80s beginning on Sunday....more painting on the shop.

David Klug
08-21-2004, 12:38 AM
I got the lawn mowed this morning, Then LOML and I went out to the State Fair and goofed around looking at things and of course eating. I the afternoon I help SAW Club by answering questions that people had about the displays. I was wishing that I had a digital camera with me because I saw some outstanding stuff, especially the turnings. If some of you northern Cal boys are planning on taking in the fair, maybe you can bring you camera along and post some pictures. I must have spent a hour looking at the one turning of Malcolm Tibbets of So. Lake Tahoe. I spent 4 hrs. answering questions, so I had plenty of time. 8-) It was one awesome turning.

I think I'll join John making some racks for my clamps. Other than that it will be church Sun. morn. and probably kick back, unless someone comes over and then who knows what will happen.

DK

Jim Becker
08-21-2004, 11:12 AM
This-and-that will be on the weekend schedule...I need to decompress from my week in Miami as I'm back on the road on Monday to the left-coast. (I'll be inspecting Padilla's "distruction/construction techiques" and will post the results when I get the opportunity... :D ) This weekend, I'll likely work on the glass front doors for a cabinet in the kitchen and work on the spiny thing for a change...it's been awhile. Of course, the grass is beckoning, too...

Doug Jones
08-21-2004, 12:38 PM
The normal stuff this weekend.
Sat; yard, recycling, HDL (honey do list), messin around in the shop. Still have three tools unopened I bought during Lowes clearance of Delta products. Trying to fix the cabinet pull drawers, maybe get started on the project of making a clamp rack, tired of walking around them.
Sun; Church, and Nascar after that anything can happen.

It's kind of a mish-mash of semi-organization now and slows me down. :(

John,
Don't tell my wife that there are fast woodworkers, she will be wondering what I've been doing wrong, some times I wonder that as well.

Tyler Howell
08-21-2004, 8:07 PM
Greetings from Ohio, Had to crash for a while just outside of Toledo. My precious cargo was delivered safe and sound to Phili.:( Not real thrilled about the neighborhood but she picked it! :( Nice uneventful trip. Now I'm headed Home. Nice folks coming out here, even the traffic jams, the folks I came in contact with were real pleasant. Hope to be home tomorrow.

You all take care!;)

Rob Littleton
08-21-2004, 9:45 PM
Sheetrocking.....sheetrocking.......and more @#$#$**& sheetrocking.

I almost quit and told SWMBO we need to get someone in to finish it but I am gonna do if it kills me.

The noise room is finished, I installed a pocket dorr and insulated the walls and mudded them. One side of the partiton is also finished, that gives me the opportunity now to texture that side of the shop. Instead, I think Ill do the other side of the wall so SWMBO can begin to keep the car in her side. Thats gotta get me some points with her..........maybe.

Anyways, once this side is done, I can move all the stuff back and begin the new shop. I pray that goes easier and quicker.

Have a safe weekend and those of you that can make sawdust..........................Im jealous........hehehe

stay safe

Jim Becker
08-21-2004, 9:49 PM
Rob... PICTURES?!

Lou Morrissette
08-21-2004, 10:13 PM
I'll be moving to Cape Cod in a couple of weeks and have lots of packing to do.
Not looking forward to breaking down machines but it has to be done.:( The new house will allow me to about double my shop size, so I guess it's worth it.:)
Have a good weekend.
Lou

Steven Wilson
08-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Well I didn't have any time for woodworking. I am busy finishing rigging the new boat (install anchor, fire extinguisher, add some tie-down straps, etc). I might have time before the end of the day to launch it in a lake but we'll see. We'll back to work !

Byron Trantham
08-22-2004, 5:01 PM
Trying to relax for a change. Nows that the sewing room is done (for now), I have time to think about other things....... :p

Steve Jenkins
08-22-2004, 5:15 PM
I might have time before the end of the day to launch it in a lake but we'll see. We'll back to work !

Steven don't forget the drain plug. Glug glug :>) Steve

Bob Murphy
08-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi, Busy weekend here, installed AC in shop, made 2 versions of the Shaker hanging Cabinet pictured on the cover of the premier issue of Woodworking magazine and finished up a Shaker candle stand pictured on page 194 of John Kassay's Book of Shaker Furniture. Just wish every weekend could be so productive. Bob

Dan Mages
08-23-2004, 8:44 AM
I have three of the four walls ready for lifting in my new shed. Boy am I overstructuring this shed!!

Dan