PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Tent Sale (Kind of a Gloat)

Chuck Isaacson
06-10-2009, 6:18 PM
Well folks, I have returned with a lot more tools and a lot less money. This last weekend I was down in Springfield, MO at the Grizzly Tent Sale. This thing is crazy!!! There are more tools and deals than I could afford. But I did manage to get quite a few. I suppose that I will have to list them off for you. Here they are:

Grizzly G0555 14" Bandsaw (Priced at $275)
Grizzly G0645 1/2 hp Mortising Machine (Priced at $99)
Grizzly G7297 12" Disc Sander (Priced at $99)
Grizzly H3393 29pc Hex Shank Drill Bit Set ($30)
Grizzly G3658 115pc Titanium Coated Drill Bit Set ($35
Dewalt DW735 Thickness Planer ($450!!!!) NEW
Dewalt DW7351 Infeed/Outfeed Tables ($36)
Dewalt 18V XRP Batteries 2-Pack ($90)
Dewalt ROS and 1/4 Sheet Sander Combo ($56)
Bessey Tradesman 30 Piece Clamp Kit ($290)
Emmerson 24" Straight Edge Clamp ($23)
Emmerson 50" Straight Edge Clamp ($27)

That is just what I got there. I also have coming a G0452Z 6" Jointer and maybe a G0459 12" Baby Drum Sander form somewhere else!! Needless to say, the shop is going to be pretty much green, white and yellow!! The perfect color scheme as far as I am concerned. For all of those people who thought about going, you should have. Definitely put it in the books for next year. It is worth the trip.

Chuck Saunders
06-10-2009, 8:04 PM
I had a good time as well. I picked up a hybrid saw consisting of the base, table, motor, switch, miter gauge and some wire $40. It will make a great work table. Also got the Steelex mortiser. with broken headstock casting $99. Now I have to wait until Grizzly carries the parts. Resisted the G0454 planer for $500 sans motor and gearbox. Had a great time, my son, not so much.

Chuck Isaacson
06-10-2009, 8:53 PM
I had a good time as well. I picked up a hybrid saw consisting of the base, table, motor, switch, miter gauge and some wire $40. It will make a great work table. Also got the Steelex mortiser. with broken headstock casting $99. Now I have to wait until Grizzly carries the parts. Resisted the G0454 planer for $500 sans motor and gearbox. Had a great time, my son, not so much.

Don't know if you saw me but I was the younger dude running around in a wheelchair. Not many of us there. I looked at the G0454 as well but decided that I would be better off right now with a Dewalt. I know it costs almost as much but it will work better for me. I am in a wheelchair and I can build an outfeed support for the Dewalt better. The outfeed on the Dewalt stays in one spot with adjustments. On the Griz, the table moves for the height adjustments not the cutterhead like the Dewalt.

Tom Godley
06-10-2009, 9:02 PM
I went to the Williamsport sale -- if you need a new Dewalt or PC tool - the prices on many of them are quite good. I picked up a PC 23g pin nailer.

And a bunch of other stuff I really did not need -- but had to have!

I have picked up a "tool base" at both of my previous trips. They make great small strong work tables plus you get a motor and control all for $50.00!

Chuck Saunders
06-11-2009, 8:02 AM
Don't know if you saw me but I was the younger dude running around in a wheelchair. Not many of us there.
I did see you in line. My son observed that you were quite nimble on wheels. I can see how the Dewalt could work better for you.

Steve Clardy
06-11-2009, 5:27 PM
I spent a whopping $14.00 this time. Lol

John M Bailey
06-11-2009, 5:50 PM
I got there at 5:00 AM!
Had an awesome time. I left at 11:30 to eat lunch, then came back and stayed until almost 3:00.
I did see you several times, Chuck Isaacson, outside, then I was standing behind you guys inside when you were looking at the Dewalt and talking to the Grizzly guy.
When the gates opened, I was about the 70th or so through, I went straight to the bandsaws which was the main reason I was there.I went right up to the only band saw listed as "new, display" $495. More than I had planned to spend on a saw, but much more of a saw than I had hoped to get. I am very happy.

Chuck Isaacson
06-11-2009, 6:03 PM
It may have been more than you planned on spending but it was definitely a whole lot of saw for the price. Nice catch!

Chuck

I got there at 5:00 AM!
Had an awesome time. I left at 11:30 to eat lunch, then came back and stayed until almost 3:00.
I did see you several times, Chuck Isaacson, outside, then I was standing behind you guys inside when you were looking at the Dewalt and talking to the Grizzly guy.
When the gates opened, I was about the 70th or so through, I went straight to the bandsaws which was the main reason I was there.I went right up to the only band saw listed as "new, display" $495. More than I had planned to spend on a saw, but much more of a saw than I had hoped to get. I am very happy.

John M Bailey
06-11-2009, 6:05 PM
I was dissapointed somewhat with prices that I thought were high on some of the machines. I had hoped to pick up a G0453, and there were a bunch at the sale, but most of them were $850! That was with no motor, no switches, no belts, no gear boxes, no rollers, no cutter heads, they all had two or more major parts missing.. It seemed that $850 plus $200 or more in parts added up to more than the new price.
Then the lathes, There was a row of G0462 that were still there at 3 PM, and a row of Go658, all way over priced.

Jacob Mac
06-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Listening to you guys makes me glad I didn't go. I already spent way too much on some hand tools this month, and if I was at that sale, I would be in even bigger trouble with the LOML.