PDA

View Full Version : SMC -- You Have Come a Long Way

Rich Konopka
08-20-2004, 7:17 PM
I was testing out a new search engine www.icerocket.com (http://www.icerocket.com/) ( real cool :cool: ) and I entered the string woodworking + sawmill and voila. The first result was SMC !! :)

there is also some other info (e.g. archive) I clicked on it and brought up some real interesting info.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030216010539/http://www.sawmillcreek.org/

Real Cool :cool:

SMC surely has come a long way !!!

Thanks SMC !!

Dennis Peacock
08-20-2004, 8:53 PM
Yup....I remember then.!!!!

Gotta love how far we've come since then.!! ;) :D

John Miliunas
08-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey Rich, now there's a blast from the past! :D Dang, it just doesn't seem that long ago. Time flies when you're having fun, don't it? Yes, SMC certainly has come a long, long way in a relatively short period of time and we've got a boat-load of folks to thank for that, not the least of which, are the members themselves! :) Great place, great bunch of folks to hang with! :cool:

Aaron Koehl
08-25-2004, 2:58 PM
Wow.. that archive is from our 2nd full day in operation.

Chris Padilla
08-25-2004, 3:06 PM
...I entered the string woodoworking + sawmill and voila.
Did you actually get it with that gross misspelling of 'woodworking'?? :p

John Miliunas
08-25-2004, 5:34 PM
Wow.. that archive is from our 2nd full day in operation.

Hey, we (SMC) ain't gettin' older, we're gettin' better! :) Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful to have this friendly little place to go to! :cool:

Chris Padilla
08-25-2004, 5:43 PM
Hey, we (SMC) ain't gettin' older, we're gettin' better! :) Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful to have this friendly little place to go to! :cool:
John,

There was this Monday a few months ago that I wasn't too thankful to have this friendly little place to go to but other than that one day, I totally agree with you!! :p :D

Mark Singer
08-25-2004, 6:11 PM
We must be great guys! Thats it! With a bit of help from Aaron and Ken and others. How passonate we get about the tools we like.... wow...they are only tools , yeah right again!

Rich Konopka
08-25-2004, 7:11 PM
Did you actually get it with that gross misspelling of 'woodworking'?? :p
Okay, Okay, Now that the Spelling Police have caught me I have made the correction and approriately assigned the credit(check original post) to Mr. Padilla. :D :p

Do I send a check to cover the spelling fine or deliver it in person next month when I'm in the Bay Area??;)

Chris Padilla
08-25-2004, 8:23 PM
ROFLMAO!!! Oh no, you are coming out here??? Gulp...do you wanna meet and bond and all that happy crap??? I just went through that with Jim Becker last night...agony it was, utter agony... ;) :p Although, it was made less painful as Jim reached for his wallet to pay for the double-lobster I ordered...for me and my daughter.... :eek:

:D :D :D

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2004, 10:51 AM
I just went through that with Jim Becker last night...agony it was, utter agony...
:D

Well Chris....You shouldn't have put Jim in such great pain.!!!! :p ;) You should have taken his entire wallet and relieved him from the strain of carrying all that money around!! :p :rolleyes:

Now all I need to do is get Becker to send me some of that fine turning stock of his so I can "better my education".!!!

I'm always glad to here of various Creekers getting together. There ain't much that's any better than that. :D

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Hey, we (SMC) ain't gettin' older, we're gettin' better! :)

Hey I exactly ressemble that remark!!! :)

Jim Becker
08-26-2004, 8:29 PM
There is never any money in my wallet...only plastic...and moths...until they escape.

If Chris could survive my visit, he can handle anyone! :D

Rich Konopka
08-27-2004, 6:46 AM
There is never any money in my wallet...only plastic...and moths...until they escape.

If Chris could survive my visit, he can handle anyone! :D
Thanks Jim for the update !!

Now, How did you survive?:D

John Miliunas
08-27-2004, 8:06 AM
Thanks Jim for the update !!

Now, How did you survive?:D

Good question, Rich but, I have an even more pertinent one for BOTH of those guys: Where in the heck are the PICTURES??? Chris himself, being a full-fledged member of the "Picture Police" and Jim, aka Mr. Nikon, should KNOW better! :eek: Come on....You guys are slackin'! :mad: :cool:

Rich Konopka
08-27-2004, 2:15 PM
Good question, Rich but, I have an even more pertinent one for BOTH of those guys: Where in the heck are the PICTURES??? Chris himself, being a full-fledged member of the "Picture Police" and Jim, aka Mr. Nikon, should KNOW better! :eek: Come on....You guys are slackin'! :mad: :cool:
Surely Jim had to get a picture of Chris twisting the claw off a 2lb lobster with a bib on.:eek: :D

Chris Padilla
08-27-2004, 5:11 PM
Mr. Becker forgot his "cord" so he couldn't download the pictures but he took...just be patient! Oh, and Rich, I made Jim swear not to reveal the secret to putting up with me for an evening. :D You may have to just brave it yourself...without a net! :D

Jim Becker
08-27-2004, 10:17 PM
The pictorial proof is in the General Woodworking Forum...