PDA

View Full Version : DELTA Unisaw 36-R31

Michael Roland
06-10-2009, 5:59 PM
I finallay sold my Craftsman 22124 saw and am considering ordering a 36-R32 Unisaw as it's replacement. Anybody have any personal experience with the saw that can share information?

I'm looking at the 36-R31 and the Steel City 35930. There are others I'd love to have but they are a bit out of my current price range.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Michael

Matt Armstrong
06-10-2009, 8:27 PM
Hi Michael,

You really can't go wrong there. I think one of the best considerations to make for a cabinet saw is the availability of aftermarket support, since rarely does a cabinet saw just stand alone. It's almost always got fences, guards, splitters, extension tables and wings, outfeed tables, mobile bases, router attachments... etc etc etc. So, with that in mind, the unisaw should be a reliable fixture for years to come...

Although I have to say it, it may be worth ponying up the extra money for a sawstop... I think if I were going to buy a new saw, I'd just eat the extra cost...

John Callahan
06-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Be aware the Delta 36-R31 is only the saw body- there is no fence or extension table included.

Kyle Iwamoto
06-11-2009, 4:04 AM
It's a Uni. Arguably the saw that started it all. I'm sure you can't go wrong. Tons of aftermarket stuff to buy. 3 horse. What more could you want?
IF you can swing it, I'd also get a Sawstop. I personally have 2 friends that have less than 10 fingers.

My .02.