PDA

View Full Version : reposting picture

Steve Jenkins
06-10-2009, 2:33 PM
If I want to re-use a previously posted picture I can go to my "usercp" and get the list but what do I do from there?

Lee Schierer
06-10-2009, 2:59 PM
Steve go to the post where you photo resides and right click on the photo. You should get a menu with "View Image" as an option. Click on "View Image" and the image should open. Copy the URL at the top into your new post and you should have the photo in your new post.

Mark Norman
06-10-2009, 3:36 PM
Steve,
I would recomend you get a photobucket account. it's free hosting and works great!

Rob Russell
06-10-2009, 4:31 PM
Steve,
I would recomend you get a photobucket account. it's free hosting and works great!

Actually, we prefer to have the photos uploaded to the SMC servers. That way we don't have to worry about someone deleting the picture from a site like photobucket and rendering a thread useless.

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-10-2009, 4:50 PM
Steve go to the post where you photo resides

How do you find that post if it was a while ago and you forget enough of it to make a word search ponderous if not impossible~?

glenn bradley
06-10-2009, 5:41 PM
How do you find that post if it was a while ago and you forget enough of it to make a word search ponderous if not impossible~?

If you try to post the same picture off of your PC that you have already used in another thread, a warning pops up and gives you a link to the thread. If this occurs, click on the link to the thread, click the thumbnail to enlarge, right click the pic and copy the properties (or select 'Copy Image Location' depending on your OS and browser) and paste that string into your new thread. When people click the string they will open the pic.

If your pics are not organized or well named on your PC and you just can't find them then yes, you will have a problem ;-)