PDA

View Full Version : Cardboard Supplier

Kevin Baker
06-10-2009, 6:33 AM
Hi Everyone!

I came across the attached file and want to cut it out of cardboard.... I searched my local craft store last night, but found nothing that would work.. decided to search the internet today, but not sure what I'm looking for.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Kevin

Joe Pelonio
06-10-2009, 7:53 AM
Look at an art supply, they have all kinds of card stock in various colors and thicknesses. Also, many sign supplies sell posterboard.

Mike Mackenzie
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
You can also look for chip board from U-Line

Kevin Baker
06-10-2009, 2:51 PM
Thanks guys...

:)

pete hagan
06-11-2009, 8:19 AM
Look in your yellow pages for paper supply houses. This looks like something perfect for 80lb or thicker cardstock and you would actually get a better product than from chipboard.

Pete

Dee Gallo
06-11-2009, 9:00 AM
I get cardboard for my templates from S&S, a craft outlet/catalog. It's white (coated, therefore slightly shiny) on one side and grey on the other - what I call "shirt cardboard". It was about $9 for 50 sheets 8" x 14". Both sides engrave nicely.

This was the first time I had to buy it, though. I had a huge stack of it I got for free from work when they replaced all the light bulbs and this was used as packing separators which they were going to throw away.

If you live near a shirt factory, they use it to pack men's shirts.

:) dee

Michael Simpson Virgina
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Office supply stores carry a large supply of card stock. Large sheets are called poster board. If you want thicker then you can get what they call illustration board. Thicker and more expensive you can get mat board at craft stores.

If you want thicker you can get some corrugated cardboard sheets very cheap at ULine. I recycle priority mail boxes.

Neal Schlee
06-12-2009, 12:07 PM
http://www.ckresale.com/

Neal
Lasertech Alaska