PDA

View Full Version : tool storage my lathe

Joseph M Lary
06-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Went looking for a storage cabinet or tool box to hold lathe extras, well nothing that I saw was worth the 200 to 300 + for . so I went and bought some plywood and draw slides and went to work. I made a box under the shelf to put sand and left over lead for other hobbies, Then I made a 2 drawer cabinet for the shelf, next to the metal basket not sure if basket is going to stay but for now it is . then I made the roll around cabinet to store other supplys sanders, sand paper ,jamb chucks ,and all the other tools that I havent bought yet,and by the leftover room in the cabinet there will be a lot of them to come . On top of the cabinet Im putting the grinder.

David Christopher
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Joseph, thats a nice looking cabinet ( one of the best Ive seen ) and Im sure you will use it more that you know

David Walser
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
That looks like a very nice set up. My only concern is it doesn't look like you have nearly enough room for your turning tools on top of the two drawer chest. Is that for your tools for the project at hand, with the rest of your (soon to be many more) turning tools in the drawers?

Tom Henry
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
I built my ballast box tonight. I should have it on the lathe tomorrow. Then on to the storage and drawers. I will post when finished.

John W Dixon
06-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Nice looking cabinet. I think it should work very well for ya. I need to get started on one for my lathe.

John

Bernie Weishapl
06-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Great setup Joseph and great looking cabinets.

Jim Kountz
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Well I should think that will get the job done just fine!!
Nice work!!

Steve Schlumpf
06-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Joseph - everything looks very well thought out and should work just fine for you!

Chris Stolicky
06-10-2009, 2:25 PM
It looks good.

I am currently going through plans for one in my head. I'm leaning towards something with drawers, but also leaving a bit of room on one side for chip collections, er, I mean the tail stock, maybe a vac pump (depending on design), or just junk.... who knows?

I'm just big in to that flat boarding thing, so my motivation for attempting drawers is somewhat lacking.

Anyway, I appreciate the inspiration.