PDA

View Full Version : Table

Joe Baker
06-09-2009, 9:18 PM
Need advice on where i can get a table good for my laser? I have a Laserpro C180. Right now it is sitting on top of the venelation unit. It is shaky though. Would like a nice table where i can store stuff in the bottom and maybe even some drawers. Thoughts appreciated

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Your profile does not indicate where you are located nor do you mention it in this post. It's rather difficult to help you without that information.

You can always build a table. That's what I did for my laser.

Rodne Gold
06-10-2009, 3:21 AM
What about those snap-on type tool trolleys on wheels? You get em in many configurations and many price ranges.

Doug Griffith
06-10-2009, 10:09 AM
My machine sits on top of an old flat file system. It is very sturdy and a great place to store material. Since architects have gone digital, you may be able pick up a used systems from them.

Cheers,
Doug

Joe Baker
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I like the idea about the Snap-on rolling table. thanks

Dave Garcia
06-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Need advice on where i can get a table good for my laser? I have a Laserpro C180. Right now it is sitting on top of the venelation unit. It is shaky though. Would like a nice table where i can store stuff in the bottom and maybe even some drawers. Thoughts appreciated

Joe,

Although I have not purchased it yet (am a Mac user and this is the only laser that I've found with a Mac driver) I have all the specs for the Laserpro C180, and have found that it fits perfectly on one of the roll around tables that I've made for my other shop tools.

I looked high and low on the internet for a good design for these tables using 3/4" plywood, that also had the drawers and storage capability that I was looking for. Being new to this forum, I do not know how to attach a photo or I would do so to show you what I've done in my shop.

I'm also currently on the road and do not have access to my office files or I'd send you an attachment with the plans for these roll around tables.

Check it out on the internet under wood working plans. There are a "number" of them out there.

Good luck!

Dave Garcia :)
The Wood Block, Ltd
-----------------------------
Hawaiian rule: To be rich, make more or desire less!