PDA

View Full Version : Name that font

bob pfohler
06-09-2009, 9:06 PM
Anyone know this font?

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-09-2009, 10:12 PM
You may have some luck posting at whatthefont.com. The sheer volume of freebie handwritten fonts available on the web are astronomical.

I skimmed through my collection of major font designers and the "Cham" does not appear to match any of their handwritten fonts.

Mike Null
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I believe that has been done with a Speedball pen. Unless my eyes are deceiving me the "a's" are different.

william kaminsky
06-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Back a few months ago, I went to the Adobe forum. There are guys there who breath the stuff. Got my font identifyed within the hour and it was not interchageable though. Used the computer Font finder and it said never made.

You gotta go through a few loops before getting the font-finder to work. I presume it would say your too does not exist.

Wm.

Scott Shepherd
06-10-2009, 7:17 PM
I agree with Mike, I think it was doing using a tablet and someone just wrote it. Being new to tablet's, I can see how someone would easily do that.

Mike Null
06-10-2009, 7:40 PM
Steve

In the days before computers many many logos were designed by artists using Speedball pens. Coke is a good example as is the Lord and Taylor logo and others I don't recall.

I worked with one artist who culd do incredible things with the Speedball. Most of his work was making store signs.

Dan Hintz
06-10-2009, 8:08 PM
I worked with one artist who culd do incredible things with the Speedball. Most of his work was making store signs.
I can't find the link offhand, but somewhere I have a link to an artist who does his work almost entirely using BIC ballpoint pens... and they're gooooood, shading and all.

bob pfohler
06-10-2009, 9:57 PM
Thanks for all the requests. It was an easy font so I just traced it in Corel.