PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bastardi says NO SUMMER this year

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-09-2009, 4:39 PM
Imagine growign up in the US with that name?
We;; the guys a Meteorologist for the AccuWeather and he says we ain't gettin' no summah up heyah in the noath east

http://www.accuweather.com/news-story.asp?partner=netweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&article=9

Some say he's nuts.

Sort of reminds me of that year some 80 years ago when the State of Maine had Snow for 13 months straight. People were starving.

Too bad they didn't have power point back then.

Here's some one who disagrees:
http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/090608-year-no-summer.html

Mark Kosmowski
06-09-2009, 6:20 PM
If only we can be so lucky that it stays in the 60s and 70s until it snows again in the NE. My shop isn't heated but it does have an A/C window unit.

Bonnie Campbell
06-09-2009, 7:17 PM
I'll share the 102 heat index we had today......

Kevin Arceneaux
06-10-2009, 8:05 AM
I knew Joe when I was in College - he is a Penn Stater, same Dorm. Really nice guy.

Mike Gager
06-10-2009, 8:29 AM
its that dang global warming up to its tricks again!

Burt Alcantara
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Up in the Pacific NW we've already had July weather in May. Now, it's nice and balmy. Very normal. The tress, flowers, bees, weeds are all thinking this is a very good summer.

Brad Wood
06-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Up in the Pacific NW we've already had July weather in May. Now, it's nice and balmy. Very normal. The tress, flowers, bees, weeds are all thinking this is a very good summer.

yeah, this is the weirdest Spring I have experienced since moving up here ('95). This past couple weeks we have had a lot of high clouds and some overcast. In the So Cal coastal areas we called it "June Gloom"... and it is June! Just before the June Gloom started (May) we had at least two weeks straight of 80's and higher ... which is just friggen weird for this time of year.... for those that don't know, PNW typically has very wet springs that extend into July. We normally don't plan on decent weather until after July 4th.

Bonnie Campbell
06-10-2009, 5:12 PM
I know in Oregon we never packed winter coats away. Seen many a July 4th parades wearing a winter coat to stay warm....... And I'll be moving back there as soon as I sell off the properties here in MS (105 heat index today).

Jim Becker
06-10-2009, 5:19 PM
I knew Joe when I was in College - he is a Penn Stater, same Dorm. Really nice guy.

'Thought his name sounded familiar...
------

And this would definitely be a good year for it to choose to reduce the need for the A/C...

jim carter
06-10-2009, 6:59 PM
im here in sunny california and it is a strange year here also. we had a few 100 degree days in may and in june we have already had a major thunderstorm and its mid 70s now and for at least another week. not normal this time of year. but i love it. great working weather.

scott spencer
06-10-2009, 10:14 PM
If only we can be so lucky that it stays in the 60s and 70s until it snows again in the NE. My shop isn't heated but it does have an A/C window unit.

Oh, I'm hoping and praying Mark! Nothing like a cool July in upstate NY! :D I'm loving what we've been experiencing all spring....I don't have much to show for it, but I've enjoyed it anyway. :)

Eddie Watkins
06-11-2009, 1:57 AM
This has definitely been a cooler than normal year here and with very little severe weather. We have been in the 90's a couple of times so far and really didn't get into the 8's until the last part of May. I have been working outside a lot this year so I'm not complaining.