PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I neglect to say Thank You

Belinda Barfield
06-09-2009, 9:34 AM
I'm making some really tough decisions right now about my life, and who/what/where I want to be when I grow up. I was thinking last night about the book Five People You Meet in Heaven, and that started me thinking about the Creek. Oftentimes we impact the lives of others and never even realize it. Even though I've only had the opportunity to meet one Creeker face to face, I consider many of you friends. So, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all of you for the times you've made me laugh, given advice, sent a cyber hug, and even argued with me. Simply put, thanks for being here when I need you.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-09-2009, 9:46 AM
and the same to you Belinda. Your humor has placed a morning smile on more than one of our faces!

David G Baker
06-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Cyber hug received and returned. I agree wholeheartedly with Ken on your great humor and contributions to us and SMC. Thank you in return.

Chris Padilla
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
If you really want to thank me, send me some HUSHPUPPIES! hahahah :D :D

Cheers from the Left Coast!

;)

Ted Calver
06-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Cyber hugs to you, Belinda!! You have provided many a chuckle and I look forward to your posts. :)

Jim O'Dell
06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Belinda, thanks for verbalizing (typing?) what many of us feel, but fail to take the time to put into words. This truly is a wonderful community! Jim.

Dave Anderson NH
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks Belinda. One major fallacy though in your line of thought. You DO have to get older, but there is absolutely nothing that says you have to grow up. One single word of advice.....DON'T

David Christopher
06-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Belinda, I think youve said what most all feel but never said

Jackie Outten
06-09-2009, 1:12 PM
Thanks Belinda. I always enjoy reading your posts. Wish you had been well enough to come to our Mid-Atlantic get together. Maybe next time.

Jackie

Phyllis Meyer
06-09-2009, 3:04 PM
Hey there Belinda,

I truly enjoy your posts and our personal emails! Whatever you are going through just know that I will be praying for guidance, wisdom, and peace with whatever happens!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Belinda Barfield
06-09-2009, 3:15 PM
Hey there Belinda,

I truly enjoy your posts and our personal emails! Whatever you are going through just know that I will be praying for guidance, wisdom, and peace with whatever happens!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Thank you all for your kind comments. Phyllis, this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking about in my original post. You guys and gals are always here for me.

Thanks for all the cyber hugs, too, they're almost as good as the real thing!

phil harold
06-09-2009, 4:00 PM
no no
Thank You!

your post have always been thought provoking
and a few chuckles too

Steve Schlumpf
06-09-2009, 4:10 PM
Belinda,

I always appreciate your positive outlook on things and really enjoy reading your posts! Like Ken already mentioned - you have brought a lot of smiles to the folks here on SMC! Thank you!

Decisions - specially the ones you are facing - are never easy! I have tried my hand at a number of different 'jobs' and still haven't found what I want to do when I grow up! Hopefully, you will have better luck with the process!

Jim Kountz
06-09-2009, 6:27 PM
Belinda, thanks for saying out loud or in text anyway what a lot of us here feel and dont ever say. Ive met so many great folks through this forum I consider alot of them extended family. I really dont know what Id do if we ever lost the Creek. Id be lost. I find myself driving down the road sometimes thinking if ol John Keeton was working on his walnut hutch or if Steve Schlumpf was doing another hollow form. And or course my main partner in crime Dewey Torres. There are so many here that I have come to know, some better than others that Im just really thankful to have the Creek.
Heres a big ol WV cyber hug for ya!!

Take care and have a great day!!

Don Abele
06-09-2009, 6:43 PM
Belinda, as others have said - Thank you for putting into words what so many of us feel about the Creek.

I don't get to post very often because of my travels (and exotic places I visit!!!). But when I get back to the states, the first (ok, maybe not the first, but in the top 10) thing I want to do is log onto the Creek and catch up.

This is truly a remarkable place full of remarkable people. And I cherish all the inhabitants of the Creek and am thankful to be a part of them.

Best wishes in all your decisions.

Be well,

Doc

John Fricke
06-09-2009, 8:37 PM
I was going to post advice on what to do once you grew up......but than I remembered that my wife ask's me on a daily basis "when are you ever gonna grow up?" So I decided I'm not qualified to offer advice on this topic. Have a great day and PLEASE continue with the entertaining and thought provoking posts that we have all come to enjoy.

Belinda Barfield
06-09-2009, 9:16 PM
All, the "who/what/where" I want to be when I grow up is a little misleading. The decisions I am struggling with are life altering ones that are a little more personal than just a job change. Job changes I can handle. Growing up isn't an option for me, you all should know that by now. :D I realize I'm the only one who can make the decisions but it sure is nice to know I can call on so many of you when I just need a sounding board.

Rory Talkington
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Best wishes to you Belinda. Trust your instincts and drive on. :)

Ted Calver
06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Geeze! Just because someone dropped something on your toe!! :)

Belinda Barfield
06-11-2009, 8:48 AM
Geeze! Just because someone dropped something on your toe!! :)

Funny that you remember that Ted. Yeah, just because. ;)

Larry Edgerton
06-11-2009, 6:24 PM
Best wishes to you Belinda. Trust your instincts and drive on. :)

Hey Rory, cool Jeep! Are you on the 2A forum? I have a 46 and a 47. I have a factory Capstan winch to fit that thing in my office.

Belinda, nice dress! Life decisions? Don't ask me, I have two ex wives so I am no expert. I can only tell you what not to do.:(

There are people that just float through life as if there is a plan, and then there are people like me...........

Pat Germain
06-11-2009, 6:46 PM
I don't know if I ever made you laugh, Belinda, but I always smile when I see your "Derby Days" avatar. :)

Leigh Costello
06-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Belinda,

Heartfelt thanks to you too! You are a great gal to be friends with. Whatever you have going on, just send me a line. I will ball it up, wrap it in a hug and send it back. BTW, turned some stuff on the lathe yesterday and today. White-tail deer antler pens. Turned out great, now if I can just stop the tinglies in my finglies! And no, no pics, dial up here and too cheap for satellite. ;)

Take care, girl and follow your heart.

John Keeton
06-12-2009, 9:21 AM
Belinda, several years ago someone I knew, and actually considered a friend, said to me - "you are just common." It was a short sentence, but said so much - both about me, and about the "friend." In the end, I realized it was much more of a compliment to me even though I am very certain it was not intended as such.

Being "common" is so much more preferable than many of the alternatives that I see everyday. So, over the years, I have become very comfortable with being "common." To me, it means having a firm grasp of reality in a world where most live in a fantasy, it means caring for people that many care nothing about. There are so many on SMC that are just good 'ol common folk.

So, as one "commoner" to another, I think you are just plain common - and, that is a good thing as Martha would say.