PDA

View Full Version : Nice Commission, .... maybe even a niche'

Ed Sallee
06-08-2009, 7:39 PM
This is interesting... my niece, Jayne... is a wedding photographer. She's landed a couple of nice paying gigs in the southern MN area... I think she get's $2500 bucks a pop...

Well, she and I have been talking, and she "menu'ed" a keepsake box with a wedding picture framed in to the inside of the lid. We have our first custumer... Might even throw in a couple of little boxes made from the scrap of the "real deal" - the bride can give to the flower girl to save petals in and maybe, squeak something else out for the maid of honor... we'll see how it goes.

First time out for both of us, combining what we like to do and put it out as a package.... and even funnier...is she's in Minnesota, where I'm originally from, and I'm in Georgia.

Possibilities are endless........

Now, I need to start thinking of a box.

Note: I have a couple of months to get it done :D and.... Thanks Jayne! This will be fun.

John Keeton
06-08-2009, 9:15 PM
Might even throw in a couple of little boxes made from the scrap of the "real deal" - the bride can give to the flower girl to save petals in and maybe, squeak something else out for the maid of honor..."Add ons" was the term we used in retail when we owned a business. Everyone in the store was trained to not let anyone go out with only the item they came for - always some accessory they "had to have" to go with the intended purchase.

What about a box for the ringbearer to carry the rings?;)

I see great things in your future, Ed!

Craig T. Smith
06-09-2009, 4:58 AM
Ed, Congrats, Hope this goes well. 1 up on John, How about a ring box with end grain showing, a ring box with rings. Would a box lid with end grain hold up or warp? Good luck, Craig

Russ Boyd
06-09-2009, 7:51 AM
With the prices they charge for anything wedding related, you might even get what they're worth! You could possibly sell to a supplier and get quite a bit of business. Good luck with your endeavor. Russ