PDA

View Full Version : New Thread Listing Wow!

Keith Outten
02-15-2003, 1:37 PM
Aaron and I discussed this new listing service last night at 10:30pm in my living room. He burned the midnight oil and created the first draft in one (long) night. This new listing screen is a custom list that pulls from a MySQL database and integrates with vBulletin...a job very few people could do in so little time.

I just used the new listing screen and it is very very slick. This is real dedication and Aaron deserves a major pat on the back for his efforts. Thanks Aaron for the hard work, once again you have impressed me beyond belief!

I just can't wait for everyone to see what the Koehl Brothers (Aaron and Ray) are capable of, these two can COOK!!!

Click on the link below for the new listing (First Draft).
sawmillcreek.org/thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/thread)

Ray Thompson
02-15-2003, 2:15 PM
Impressive work, that kind of listing has real possiblities.

Ray - Another who messed up his user name.

Del Williams
02-15-2003, 2:19 PM
Thanks for all of the work folks. I'm just sort of poking around over here but am very impressed.

Bruce Page
02-15-2003, 2:30 PM
It has real potential. You guys & gals are AWESOME!

Ian MacDonald
02-15-2003, 2:57 PM
Can I offer a suggestion?

What if for the treaded style listing you guys are working on you used two frames (over/under or side-by-side)? One frame would display the thead list and the other frame would display the message content. I guess this is how most of the news readers I use work. I seems pretty efficient and the thread list would always display the message context.

Regards,

-- Ian

Mike Brewster
02-15-2003, 4:32 PM
Keith & Crew

You folks are great! I can't imagine that another group of people could have pulled off as much as y'all have in such a short period of time. As I've mentioned before, I've used this software in several places, & some of them have extensive IT departments behind them. I've never seen any customization like Aaron pulled off overnight. I for one really appreciate the dedication that has been shown by all of you.

Mike

Ted Shrader
02-15-2003, 5:05 PM
Way to go guys! Imrovements abound!

Thanks,

Ted

Chuck Gramling
02-15-2003, 6:02 PM
Great job ! Thanks

Now if Aaron can make my "new posts" list come up in that format he will be approaching deity status

Thanks very much for the responsiveness.

Aaron Koehl
02-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Chuck Gramling
Great job ! Thanks

Now if Aaron can make my "new posts" list come up in that format he will be approaching deity status

Thanks very much for the responsiveness.

<b>I've added a New Posts feature to the threaded overlay.</b>

Here it is, Enjoy!<br> <a href="http://www.sawmillcreek.org/thread">http://www.sawmillcreek.org/thread</a>.

Note: You must first be logged in through the main forum, that way it'll 'know' what threads you haven't seen since your last visit.

- Aaron

Jim Tobias
02-16-2003, 1:20 AM
Keith,
This latest change makes the threads as easy or easier to follow as anything I've seen. I cannot begin to say how impressed I am with what you and your crew have done to make this a spot that makes "Ponders" and others feel as though it is our personal site.
Thanks so much for your efforts. You have definitely won me over on effort alone, not to mention that the site looks like it will be the best that anyone could ask for.

Jim

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
02-16-2003, 9:53 PM
Hats off to all Keith and Aaron are getting done ... this site is most impressive. I can't fathom the amount of thought and energy expended by you folks, but it sure is appreciated!

Jim DeLaney
02-16-2003, 10:15 PM
>>You must first be logged in through the main forum, that way it'll 'know' what threads you haven't seen since your last visit. - Aaron<<

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do I have to got to SawMillCreek.org, then select "View New Messages" first? If so, after I do that, how do I get to the Threaded listing form there?

I musta missed something...

Keith Outten
02-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Jim,

Log into the board, from the main menu you can then add /thread/ to the end of your browser address so that it looks like this

http://www.sawmillcreek/thread/

Hit the Enter Key on your keyboard and the threaded listing should come right up.

Aaron will add a link at the top of the menu soon to make this easier.

Judy Frank
02-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Noticed your post on Badger Pond. Got me curious enough to pop over here. Very impressive indeed. I'm really green to the message board scene so I'll probably be mostly a lurker. Good luck to all at Saw Mill Creek and your many supportive members.

Be well.
Judy:)

Bud Duffy
02-18-2003, 4:00 PM
What a great job you guys and gals are doing for us all. Thank You Very Much. :p

Michael Orr
02-18-2003, 5:33 PM
Congratulations from a newbie. This is a most enticing looking forum - one that may tempt me to come out of "Lurksville" from time to time.
Mike in Grand Valley