PDA

View Full Version : Continuation of the log sawing

Jeff Nicol
06-08-2009, 7:06 AM
Here are some more pics of a log that had some red squirrels living in the log, when we started cutting it they came our pretty crazy! This is there home and the remnants of the nest. I think it was just a mom and two young ones because the hung around and would not leave, they came right up to the fire pit checking things out. Of course the camera was 50ft away so no pics of the critters! So here they are and a nice picture of some pretty sawdust!

Jeff

Steve Schlumpf
06-08-2009, 8:33 AM
You're not bagging the pretty sawdust and selling it as void filler? LOL

Jeff Nicol
06-08-2009, 10:30 AM
You're not bagging the pretty sawdust and selling it as void filler? LOL
Steve, Mike said the same thing when we were sawing it up! It is very fine and would be great for that! Maybe you have given more to try and sell!

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
06-08-2009, 12:08 PM
That is funny about the squirrels. Momma probably looked at you and said you ruined a perfectly good day.:eek:;):rolleyes:

Brian McInturff
06-08-2009, 7:44 PM
I guess we could consider Jeff a "Home Wrecker" now:D:D. You're not have squirrel stew for supper are you.

Nice Haul!!

Mark Norman
06-09-2009, 12:43 AM
I guess we could consider Jeff a "Home Wrecker" now:D:D. You're not have squirrel stew for supper are you.

Nice Haul!!

Ya beat me to it Brian! lol

Jeff the home wrecker!

Looks like ya had fun baggin the booty jeff! I would love to have a saw mill.

alex carey
06-09-2009, 1:46 AM
Wow, I've never seen something like that, that's pretty cool, thanks for posting. I didn't realize they would burrow inside like that.

Jeff Nicol
06-09-2009, 6:43 AM
Alex, I think the ants and the fact the tree was older and on its way out caused it to start to rot on the inside. The ants get in it through a broken limb or what ever and then the squirrels and other critters get in after the ants ant create the "Critter Condo" Mother nature is full of great surprises!

Jeff