PDA

View Full Version : Got to saw some logs yesterday!

Jeff Nicol
06-08-2009, 7:01 AM
Well we finially got a break on a weekend to saw some of the logs we have collected to see what we had. Fellow creeker Mike Svoma and my buddy Bill were on hand to do the grunt work and I just looked good running the sawmill! We cut up some black walnut and some red and white pine into all kinds of stuff! The pine is mostly construction lumber and a few really nice boards out of one of the walnut logs. Here are some pics. The first one mike and I are warming our donuts at the fire, we had to get our strength up for the days work! The others are some on the nice wood that came off the walnuts! Next post shows some more.

Jeff

Norm Zax
06-08-2009, 8:05 AM
Looks like a nice gathering, and lovely wood!

Steve Schlumpf
06-08-2009, 8:31 AM
Looks like it had to have been fun! Looks like you should get some beautiful stuff out of the Walnut!

Jeff Nicol
06-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Looks like it had to have been fun! Looks like you should get some beautiful stuff out of the Walnut!
Steve, I can't wait to tackle some of it! I have a big HF piece that is going to go to Texas, we shall see what Matt makes of that!

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Jeff looking pretty good. Walnut looks like some nice stuff.

Mike Svoma
06-08-2009, 1:53 PM
That was a lot of fun yesterday. Pretty sore today, but a lot of fun, none the less. We have a lot of great looking walnut in these logs. We have quite a few more log cutting sessions in our future.:D:D:D

Mike

alex carey
06-08-2009, 2:44 PM
That just looks like a lot of fun.

Mark Norman
06-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Hmmm bbq dougnuts...who wouldda thunkit?

Nice stuff ya got there Jeff! That should keep ya busy for a while.

Jeff Nicol
06-09-2009, 6:44 AM
Hmmm bbq dougnuts...who wouldda thunkit?

Nice stuff ya got there Jeff! That should keep ya busy for a while.
Mark, I am already tired! But bring on the wood!!!

Jeff

Matt Haus
06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Jeff,

I think I am going to come live with you. I envy that you live that close to trees. Dallas has me depressed. Well, not so depressed if you like live oak:mad:

Barry Stratton
06-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Now THAT just has to be F-U-N!!!:D

Jarrod McGehee
06-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Man Jeff, boy do I envy you :eek: I asked my mom about hopping on the next soonest flight and she just doesn't see the beauty in doing that but I'll keep chiseling away at her. And I'll bring an extra suitcase or something to fill up with blanks :D:D

Jeff Nicol
06-11-2009, 7:02 AM
Man Jeff, boy do I envy you :eek: I asked my mom about hopping on the next soonest flight and she just doesn't see the beauty in doing that but I'll keep chiseling away at her. And I'll bring an extra suitcase or something to fill up with blanks :D:D
Jarrod, Sounds good to me! We could have a big SMC gathering of the minds!!! The offer stands whenever you or anyone else gets to Eau Claire, I like to help and share in the bounty!

Jeff