PDA

View Full Version : Fredric Bruce Williams - RIP

Nancy Laird
06-08-2009, 3:31 AM
My wonderful father passed away this morning, about 12:10 a.m., in Union City, Tennessee. The end was peaceful, after so much suffering for so many months. May he rest in peace.

I am here with my mother, at least for another few days, then back to New Mexico.

January 11, 1920 - June 8, 2009

John Keeton
06-08-2009, 6:52 AM
Nancy, my condolences on the loss of your father, and my best wishes for your mother. It will be a tough adjustment process for her, and you will be in high demand in coming years. I hope you have siblings in Tennessee that can help.

Matt Meiser
06-08-2009, 8:20 AM
Nancy, my condolences on your loss.

Heather Thompson
06-08-2009, 8:24 AM
Nancy, may your father rest in peace, our prayers are with you.

Heather

James Jaragosky
06-08-2009, 9:08 AM
Nancy, I will keep you and your mother in my prayers.
Jim Jaragosky

Brent Smith
06-08-2009, 9:31 AM
Nancy, my condolences to you and your family. Keep your memories of him close, and you'll always have him beside you.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-08-2009, 9:32 AM
Nancy, my sincere sympathies. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike Henderson
06-08-2009, 9:32 AM
My deepest sympathies.

Mike

Phyllis Meyer
06-08-2009, 9:46 AM
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! He is at Peace, and I will pray for Peace for your family!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Belinda Barfield
06-08-2009, 9:57 AM
My condolences, Nancy. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Mike Langford
06-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Nancy, My condolences on the loss of your father.....You and your family are in my prayers.

Steve Schlumpf
06-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! Prayers for you and your family have been sent!

Mitchell Andrus
06-08-2009, 12:17 PM
My sympathies to you and your family.

Chris Struttman
06-08-2009, 6:04 PM
Nancy,

I'm sorry for your loss. Your father and your family are in my prayers.

Rod Sheridan
06-08-2009, 6:33 PM
Nancy, please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

I'm sure you have many great memories to cherish.

Regards, Rod.

Don Abele
06-08-2009, 6:36 PM
Nancy, you have my sincerest condolences on the passing of your father. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Be well,

Doc

Steve Clardy
06-08-2009, 6:41 PM
Sorry to hear that Nancy.
May he rest in peace now.

Leigh Costello
06-08-2009, 7:32 PM
My condolences to you and your family, Nancy. I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Scott Shepherd
06-08-2009, 8:09 PM
Nancy, I know you all have been through a lot recently. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sure he's resting peacefully now and looking down as a proud father.

God Bless.

Bruce Page
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Nancy, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

Jim Becker
06-10-2009, 5:22 PM
I'm sad to hear about your loss, Nancy.

Nancy Laird
06-14-2009, 7:40 PM
I want to thank all of you for your notes and condolences on my father's death. I left New Mexico at a dead "run" on Saturday, May 30, and drove 1050 miles - by myself - in 17 road hours, with one stop for four hours of sleep. I had a few days with him when he was still lucid enough to know I was here, and I was able to say good-bye to him before he left us. He was cremated, and the memorial service was June 10. It has been a difficult time for my mother, my sister, and me, as he has been so ill for about 18 months. This end was somewhat of a relief for us, particularly my mother, as she had cared for him at home for 11 of those months. He is now at peace, he is with the angels, and will be waiting for the rest of us when we pass over.

Following is what I wanted to say at that service, but I knew I couldn't get through it, so I gave the notes to the minister and he included them in his homily.

Son, brother, husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, great-great-grandfather!
Gardener, camper, boater, builder. Motorcycle enthusiast - at age 60!
Loyal, trusting and trustworthy.
Helpful and a true helpmate.
He was a good and sensitive and gentle man.

He was one of the good guys - a gentle, patient, and forgiving giant of a man--about 6'6" and 235# at his prime. The day he died, he weighed 112 pounds! He was my hero, my rock, the one I always turned to when I was feeling down or blue. To me, he hung the moon and put the stars in the sky. He had his faults, but they were minor compared to his positive attributes. No one in my life - until my husband - has come even near to being as wonderful as my Daddy.

He wrote me a letter in 2004, shortly before his 60th wedding anniversary. In it, he said "I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I have led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved the same woman for 60 years, along with our two daughters, and to me, this has been enough."

It was more than enough. My sister and I have enough memories to sustain us for the rest of our lives, and in our hearts, he will never be far away. Rest in peace, Daddy

Jerry Olexa
06-14-2009, 8:35 PM
Nancy, I'm sure you have many good memories. You are in my prayers...

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-15-2009, 9:26 AM
I am sorry for your loss.