PDA

View Full Version : JDS Multi-Router "How To" Sites?

Jeremy Williams
06-07-2009, 9:54 PM
Looking for Multi-Router owners ... actually, more specifically looking for some "how to" or "tips and tricks" sites (or anything) for the Multi-Router. I've called JDS and they don't have much to offer other than the beginners video (which I have). They say it can do so many thing ... but HOW?

How does one make a double tenon (or triple, or quad)? How does one do larger tenons, or custom sizes? These are just a few of my questions!

Anyone know of any good resources on using this thing?:o

Tom Davis
06-08-2009, 6:46 AM
Jeremy:

I am in the same position as you are. I bought a used Multi Router several monts ago. The manual is very basic and not well written compared to other tools I own. So far, it has been trial and error for me.

Tom

Mike Heidrick
06-08-2009, 7:03 AM
Read the Leigh FMT manual and watch all its YouTube videos. Not for instruction on your MultiRouter (far different machines) but for ideas on double tenons and angled tenons. Many of the same principles apply (use guides and limits to make tenons) but with different applications.

Worth a try to see if it makes sens.

Also attend AWFS in Vegas, I bet John from JDS will be there with a multi router and he will give you a mini class for the cost of attendance!

Robert foster
06-08-2009, 9:20 AM
There is an instructional video available on their website for $20.00
Hope this helps
Bob

Jeremy Williams
06-08-2009, 10:01 PM
There is an instructional video available on their website for $20.00
Hope this helps
Bob

Unfortunately it's the only video out there ... and from the looks of it its about 25 years old and though useful, not enough. I think the Multi-router owners need to join up and really put this information into a single place. Maybe I'll get to work on that....:D

Jeremy Williams
06-10-2009, 1:01 PM
Well, we'll see what happens ... I'm going to pop-up a site with any information that the community of owners can get at http://multi-router.com (nothing there yet, but working on it) ... so if there are any Multi-Router owners that are just lurking these posts and can offer some input .. it'll be GLADLY accepted!

Sam Layton
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Hi Jeremy,

I also have a Multi-Router. However, I have used it very little. I am interested also what others say. I will be using mine to build interior, and exterior doors.

Sam

Jeremy Williams
06-12-2009, 8:50 AM
Hi Jeremy,

I also have a Multi-Router. However, I have used it very little. I am interested also what others say. I will be using mine to build interior, and exterior doors.

Sam

Well, hopefully both the rookies and the pro's on this machine can come together and create a "owners" forum where we can share ideas and figure out what all this machine can do.