PDA

View Full Version : What was i thinking !!!!

Mark Versprille
06-07-2009, 10:17 AM
OMG am I really this old. I can't pick up a simple little log? At least not with out semi-crippling day after pain in my shoulders and fore arms? It was only a 7' x 14" black walnut tree trunk. Well now it's two 3' 6" x 14" logs. I took revenge on it . My neighbor and I finally got around to cutting down the tree that was removing his roof shingles and (according to him) poisoning his garden. Of course i wasn't prepared for the job, I never am. But bulldog tenacity can get a job done with three times the effort of a well thought out plan. I couldn't find any "truly" appropriate sealer so I encased the end grain with latex caulk. That should at least reduce end splitting for a few days , or the millennium or two it will take me to get around to finishing turning these logs into rough boards. I have to include healing time.

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-07-2009, 10:35 AM
All the older folks I've heard speak on the subject of staying strong and athletic say the same thing:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Don't ever stop. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They says that the moment you stop it all goes to pot and getting it back is a beast.