PDA

View Full Version : Jig saw blade reccomendation

Dan Mages
08-19-2004, 3:15 PM
I need to cut a foot off a fiberglass column that I am using for my shed. I think my jigsaw will be the best tool for the job. What blade should I get for my Festool jigsaw for this application?

Dan

Donnie Raines
08-19-2004, 3:26 PM
Dan,

I cut a bunch of plastic a few months back and used one of the Bosch blades. They actually have a blade that is listed as "for plastics"....thats the one I used and it works wonderfully.

You can get them at the big blue store.

Dave Sweeney
08-19-2004, 3:42 PM
I'd recommend the Bosch T345XF Progressor universal blade. This blade is one of the three Bosch Progressor Series of blades. I've also used the T1234X Progressor metal cutting blade and the T234X wood cutting blade and all three types are the best jigsaw blades I've ever used.

Frank Pellow
08-19-2004, 8:46 PM
About a month ago, I used the Festool HM 75/4.5 blade to cut some fiberglass with my PS 2 E jig saw. It did a fine job.

Charles McKinley
08-19-2004, 8:48 PM
Hi Dan,

Do you you have a Fein multi-tool or know someone who does? The saw blade works great on fiberglass and produces very little dust and does not throw it into the air. If you use your jigsaw please use very good eye and lung protection.

Frank Pellow
08-19-2004, 8:53 PM
Hi Dan,

Do you you have a Fein multi-tool or know someone who does? The saw blade works great on fiberglass and produces very little dust and does not throw it into the air. If you use your jigsaw please use very good eye and lung protection.

Charles, Dan says that he will be using Festool jig saw. Therefore, the saw can easily be connected to a vacuum and there will be no dust.

Dan Mages
08-20-2004, 8:49 AM
I stopped by my tool pusher last night and he gave me a really nice diamond blade for cutting tile, stone, fiberglass and a few other things. Now to figure out how to hook up my festool to my Rigid shopvac...

Kurt Aebi
08-20-2004, 8:52 AM
When in a pinch - Duct Tape is always the answer!

Charles McKinley
08-20-2004, 9:41 AM
Hi Frank,

If you keep giving me all this positive Festool information my LOML is going to be really mad at you. ;)

Frank Pellow
08-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi Frank,

If you keep giving me all this positive Festool information my LOML is going to be really mad at you. ;)

I am sure that once your wife sees some of their tools, sees how happy you are using their tools, and sees what you can produce with their tools, and maybe even uses some their tools herself, that she will thank me, not be mad at me. :D

Dan Mages
08-20-2004, 11:51 AM
When in a pinch - Duct Tape is always the answer!

duct tape to cut things with? Never heard of such a beast!

Dan

Michael Ballent
08-20-2004, 12:15 PM
I am sure that once your wife sees some of their tools, sees how happy you are using their tools, and sees what you can produce with their tools, and maybe even uses some their tools herself, that she will thank me, not be mad at me. :D
Big mistake letting her into the shop... She may start asking questions as to where he got the money to pay for the tools in the shop :D Hard to pass off a motorized dust extractor attachment for the vacuum if she already knows that it is a sander :cool: