PDA

View Full Version : Tool gloat and thanks

Tony Kahn
06-05-2009, 9:33 PM
Well my little brother that works in a machine shop that makes heavy equipment attachments has been working on a jamieson style hollowing rig for me, picked up the handle today na dshould have the tools rest done monday, machining the base and clamp block. all totalled it is gonna end up costing me 65 for steel and CNC time. But i have to throw a plug in for jamieson, was on his site trying to figure out dimensions whn i noticed a page that said how to make your own, how often does that happen? first for me. Can you imagine oneway telling you how to make their coring tools? I am sure they all know whenever we can we make our own but not often they tell you how. So a Big thank you to jamieson for the info he is to be commended for being willing to share the info so that more can enjoy this thing we call the vortex.

Steve Schlumpf
06-06-2009, 9:22 AM
Tony - sounds like an interesting project! Looking forward to seeing photos of your completed system once you have it up and running!

Bernie Weishapl
06-06-2009, 9:23 AM
Sounds good Tony. Post some pic's.

Tony Kahn
06-06-2009, 9:35 AM
as soon as i get the last piece will set it up and get some photos

Mark Norman
06-06-2009, 1:06 PM
Sounds like the price is right.

I just spent some time on his web site, good stuff there. With a set up like that I would be less intimidated in making HF's.

Tony Kahn
06-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I finally got it set up and some pictures made, albeit crackberry photos.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Congrats Tony! Yours looks as good as mine and mine is a Jamieson!