PDA

View Full Version : Sharing my new tool excitement

William Hall
08-18-2004, 8:23 PM
This is my first Festool purchase. Its like christmas all over again. The cool part is that I didn't even get that "another new tool" look from my wife because I bought a vaccum... ok thats a good thing... cleaning is good.

BTW - Thanks Uncle Bob!!! You guys were right on about the level of service from Bob Marino.

William Hall

Alan Tolchinsky
08-18-2004, 8:28 PM
that stuff for years. I'll bet this is just the beginning of your Festool addiction. :) Alan in Md.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-18-2004, 8:31 PM
William.........FOUL!!!! You got rule #2 correct....you posted a pic! BUT....You failed to declare a GLOAT and many will argue.... a FESTOOL GLOAT! Shame! Enjoy your new tool!

Jim Becker
08-18-2004, 9:41 PM
A "most excellent" addition to your stable...and one that's on my "list"...

John Miliunas
08-18-2004, 9:48 PM
He shoots! He scores! :D Big time gloat there, William! I'd LOVE their Rotex, but with three of their other sanders already, I think I've got it covered. :rolleyes: I DO, however, have my eye on one of their vacs. Now, if that old Crapsman would just die.... :D Enjoy your Festools! Like Alan said, 'tis only the begining! :cool:

William Hall
08-18-2004, 9:56 PM
I DO, however, have my eye on one of their vacs. Now, if that old Crapsman would just die....
I don't know if your old Crapsman is like my old Rigid, its an ear piercing screamer that required me to wear hearing protection to run it. Just saving my hearing was enough justification for the Festool vac. (Ok there's also the cool factor, too)

William

Greg Mann
08-18-2004, 10:08 PM
This is my first Festool purchase. Its like christmas all over again. The cool part is that I didn't even get that "another new tool" look from my wife because I bought a vaccum... ok thats a good thing... cleaning is good.

BTW - Thanks Uncle Bob!!! You guys were right on about the level of service from Bob Marino.

William Hall
William is sooo smart. You notice he did not mention the Rotex. That's because he told the wife it is a motorized attachment for the vacuum to help get the dust off his projects.:cool:

She's looking over his shoulder right now as he is basking in our responses saying: "Rotex? What are those guys talking about? What's a Rotex?":D:D

Greg

JayStPeter
08-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Nice vac. Looks like a useful "attachment" there.

William Hall
08-18-2004, 10:21 PM
I think you guys have read the "Guy Handbook". I believe this technique comes from chapter 5 "How to quietly buy something for yourself without a retaliatory trip to the mall".

William

Greg Mann
08-18-2004, 10:23 PM
I think you guys have read the "Guy Handbook". I believe this technique comes from chapter 5 "How to quietly buy something for yourself without a retaliatory trip to the mall".

William
Great retort!!! Now I know your wife hasn't read this yet.:D :D :D

Greg

Frank Pellow
08-18-2004, 10:55 PM
I DO, however, have my eye on one of their vacs. Now, if that old Crapsman would just die....

As part of my justification for the Festool vac, I had my wife listen to the sound of my old Crapsman and to a Festool. She declared that the Crapsman was too noisy to live. :D

JayStPeter
08-18-2004, 10:56 PM

William

Uhhhh, hate to tell you, but the only way that happens is if she bought something at the mall you don't know about and thinks your purchase is retaliatory. ;) :D

Jay

Frank Pellow
08-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Congratulation William. Do you realize what you have probably started with this first Festool purchase?

I need to get the same attachment for my vac.

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Congrats on the vac and sander purchase.!!!!!

You're gonna LOVE those tools in your shop. The vac is great and quiet and very effective. Now....let's see some pics up close and with a little dust thrown on them to get them broken in right.!!! :D :p

Kelly C. Hanna
08-19-2004, 8:18 AM
Very nice! Congrats on the score.

Dan Mages
08-19-2004, 8:22 AM
He shoots! He scores! :D Big time gloat there, William! I'd LOVE their Rotex, but with three of their other sanders already, I think I've got it covered. :rolleyes: I DO, however, have my eye on one of their vacs. Now, if that old Crapsman would just die.... :D Enjoy your Festools! Like Alan said, 'tis only the begining! :cool:

Nothing a little cross wiring won't fix. Unless your better half is an engineer, I doubt that she would notice the sabotage. ;)

Dan

Jim Becker
08-19-2004, 9:22 AM
William is sooo smart. You notice he did not mention the Rotex. That's because he told the wife it is a motorized attachment for the vacuum to help get the dust off his projects.
Oh my...that's precious! Folks take note of this creativity...it could save you a lot of angst when dealing with the "tool budget" that Michael Ballent posted about in the Off-Topic forum here at SMC!

Christian Aufreiter
08-19-2004, 9:54 AM
Congrats, William. Enjoy your new Festools!

Chris Padilla
08-19-2004, 10:42 AM
As part of my justification for the Festool vac, I had my wife listen to the sound of my old Crapsman and to a Festool. She declared that the Crapsman was too noisy to live. :D
LOL!! My wife made the same comment. The Festool sander (pick one) and the Festool vacuum together were a lot quieter than my Ridgid shopvac. Hearing protection is a must with that screamer and 'clogs-up-in-5-minutes' shopvac....

I see a Rotex in my future.... :D

Michael Ballent
08-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Oh my...that's precious! Folks take note of this creativity...it could save you a lot of angst when dealing with the "tool budget" that Michael Ballent posted about in the Off-Topic forum here at SMC!
Oh I will have to take keep that one in mind :D

Jim Guy
08-19-2004, 12:32 PM
I have the Rigid and it's the loudest thing in my shop. When nothing else drives me to get my ear plugs, that thing will.
Someone please talk me into the Festool purhase.

Frank Pellow
08-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I have the Rigid and it's the loudest thing in my shop. When nothing else drives me to get my ear plugs, that thing will.

Sounds like you have already talked yourself into the purchase. You will not be sorry.

Christian Aufreiter
08-19-2004, 2:15 PM

Avec plaisir.
As you already stated your current setup is extremely loud. While earing protecting improves this situation it’s really not comfortable to wear it, is it?
And it’s not the least bit more comfortable to wear a dusk mask.
I’m not familiar with your current vac but does it use a bag? The Festool uses a bag and a filter so there’s no mess when you empty the vac. Simple remove the bag, close it (it has its own screw cap) and insert a new one.
Did I mention that the Festool vacs have this auto on/off feature, variable suction and a flat top which holds Systainers?
Of course, they can be used for wet and dry extraction, an antistatic suction hose is included and lots of accessories are available.

“Uncle Bob’s” outstanding service has been pointed out several times, so if you have any more questions I can only recommend to contact him.

I hope you don’t hesitate any longer :)

Regards,

Christian