PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt Track Saw Clamps Fit Festool Track/MFT

Chris Padilla
06-04-2009, 7:47 PM
See the attached pics. I've had them for about a day and really like them over the Festool clamps when securing the rails and side clamping on the MFT. They are less "fiddly", meaning I can clamp quicker. The Festool clamp in one of the pics are the ones I normally use because I hated the twist clamps. However, these fancier Festool clamps don't always cooperate when using one hand. You have to slam them up so they stay against the plywood then slide your hand over to pull in the handle. AND you always have to make sure the handle is pointing out first.

The DeWalt is totally one-handed operation. You press the button on the handle and slide the head up to the plywood then press the trigger to tighten. They are a little bigger but they don't seem to get in the way when used on the rail. You can also use them on the MFT as shown in the pics. However, when side clamping the bar sticks out pretty far. You just have to be aware of it. It's about the right height for my privates so I need to be careful.
The only bummer is they won't fit through the holes on top of the MFT. So, you still need the little Festool twisty clamps for that.

This is an email from a buddy of mine and he asked me to post a thread about it so there ya go! :D

Chris Padilla
06-05-2009, 1:22 PM
Anyone tried this?

Ben Davis
06-05-2009, 2:09 PM
Never tried it... never would have thought to try it as I've never personally seen the DeWalt track saw or accessories. I am assuming there is a significant cost savings in using "Black and Yellow" over "Black and Green"

Doc

Fred Hargis
06-05-2009, 2:16 PM
I'm wondering if the Dewalt rail connectors might work as well on the Festool track. I never bought the Festool clamps for my TS55, I'm able to use the clamps off my old Craftsman straight edge guide (that ought'a make someone spin in their chair) but if I could get the Dewalt clamps at a reasonable price I might go ahead and get a set.

Rich Engelhardt
06-06-2009, 9:50 AM
Hello,
DWS5026 is the part number.
They run $46.00 and change for a pair from Amazon.

No - I don't have them, I looked them up when I saw this thread.
I'll stick with the Festool screw clamps.

Jamie Buxton
06-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I mostly use my Festool guided saw for breaking down sheet goods, or for straight-lining lumber. In those cases, a pair of spring clamps does the job. $4, not $46!

Jason White
06-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Wanna bet?

Never tried it... never would have thought to try it as I've never personally seen the DeWalt track saw or accessories. I am assuming there is a significant cost savings in using "Black and Yellow" over "Black and Green"

Doc

Vinny Miseo
06-08-2009, 2:41 AM
Those clamps would probably be less annoying and quicker with the squeeze grip, but they can only be used with the track and MFT. The twisty festool clamps can be used as a regular clamp if need be. Doesn't seem like there is a $ savings either. It seems like all of the Dewalt track saw stuff is at the same price point as the Festool stuff. Dewalt is even offering a battery powered option that is about a grand.

In a pinch I have used an Irwin C-clamp with some slight grinder modifications to work with the festool track.

jason lambert
06-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Looks good I do like the bigger face of the dewalt clam espceally using the domino I feel the fest tool clamp is a littel weak at times.

Thanks for posting good find.