PDA

View Full Version : Segmented and Turned pen up for auction to support JDRF

Greg Ketell
06-04-2009, 2:11 PM
Hi all,

If you are interested in supporting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and acquiring a beautiful pen, you can check out this auction I have running on eBay.

eBay item=290317643410

This is a pen I and four friends collaborated on for a competition on another web site.
100% of the proceeds are going to JDRF to help find a cure for Type-1 Diabetes.

http://www.ketell.com/Pens/IAPcollab/IAPCollab-final-0.jpg

And as of last night the winning bidder has the option to accept the pen either as the roller-ball you see or as a fountain pen using one of the HeritagePens 18K gold and rhodium nibs.

http://www.ketell.com/Pens/IAPcollab/HeritageNib.jpg

I and my son (diagnosed with T1d in 2/08) hope you can help!

Greg Ketell

Jim Kountz
06-04-2009, 4:49 PM
Wow beautiful pen!! It should bring some good money I would think.

Greg Ketell
06-10-2009, 11:28 AM
I sure hope so. 1 day 15 hours left!

GK

Greg Ketell
06-12-2009, 12:10 AM
C'mon folks, it is for a very good cause.

Steve Rozmiarek
06-12-2009, 2:22 AM
Greg, you may want to yell at ebay. I just went over to the auction, and while the search yields the pen, when you try the link to the actual auction, it ebay says that this page is not available at this time.

Don Eddard
06-12-2009, 3:03 AM
It's showing now, and it looks like it fetched a nice price. Well done.

Jeff Mohr
06-12-2009, 8:42 AM
Nice pen...so when do we get the tutorial...... ;)

Greg Ketell
06-13-2009, 8:47 PM
Woohooo, what a great deal. The winner of the auction paid $305 for the pen. Then this classy guy paid for the pen within hours of the auction ending and sent me an email with directions on what to do with the pen.

His directions? Sell it again with the proceeds of the second sale joining his monies going to JDRF!! WHAT A COOL GUY!!

During the sale a friend of mine contacted me and wanted to buy the pen. But he didn't ever use ebay so just offered $325 for the pen. Since there was no way for me to proxy bid for him so he didn't get the pen. But now he has mailed the check to JDRF and the pen will be sent out as soon as I have confirmation of receipt of the check.

In the end JDRF has made $635 from this pen!!!