PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

Larry Browning
08-18-2004, 2:31 PM
A co-worker took this picture while on vacation in Costa Rica. It made me cringe! He said he was walking all around the saw with it running and talking to the tourists. No big deal!!! And how about that "table" saw? Is that a Griz? Right color anyway :eek:

Donnie Raines
08-18-2004, 2:43 PM
Where do you put the over arm dust collection.......?? :rolleyes:

Kurt Aebi
08-18-2004, 2:57 PM
MAN does that look SCARY!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I just took my mind off the saw blade for just a second and did 7K damage to my thumb and lost the movement of the last joint!

Imagine walking around a totally unprotected blade talking to people and such! It's a wonder he has all his parts!!!!!!

Larry - Gotta love the binary coding thing in your signature (2 Kinds of people - gotta laugh!) I guess I'm one who gets it, huh?

Charles McKinley
08-18-2004, 3:23 PM
Where are the pics of his stuff? Looks like a great set up, a power carver!

Dan Mages
08-18-2004, 3:44 PM
Never underestimate the power of stupid people...

Dan

Larry Browning
08-18-2004, 4:01 PM
Where are the pics of his stuff? Looks like a great set up, a power carver!
Actually there is a pic of his stuff. See the parrot on the basket? He is working on another one.

Larry Browning
08-18-2004, 4:05 PM
Larry - Gotta love the binary coding thing in your signature (2 Kinds of people - gotta laugh!) I guess I'm one who gets it, huh?
Kurt,
You are the 1st person to even coment about my signature. I actually stole it from someone else on another forum. I thought it was extra clever.

Brian Austin
08-18-2004, 4:18 PM
MAN does that look SCARY!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I just took my mind off the saw blade for just a second and did 7K damage to my thumb and lost the movement of the last joint!

Imagine walking around a totally unprotected blade talking to people and such! It's a wonder he has all his parts!!!!!!
Given the height of the blade, it wouldn't be a finger he'd lose!!:eek:

Lou Morrissette
08-18-2004, 4:29 PM
Actualy, it's a DIY vasectomy saw.:eek:

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 6:02 PM
Actualy, it's a DIY vasectomy saw.:eek:

<B>LOL!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!</b> :D

Jim Becker
08-18-2004, 6:26 PM
Just don't "parrot" him in your own shop... :eek: :o

Ian Barley
08-18-2004, 6:42 PM
The caption is missing :- Guards removed for photographic purposes.

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 7:10 PM
The caption is missing :- Guards removed for photographic purposes.

Hey Ian.....

He's got a guard and it's in use.!!!! It's that piece of wood between his leg and the spinning blade.!!! :)

JayStPeter
08-18-2004, 7:17 PM
It's amazing the stuff the "third world" areas find acceptable. I bet he even thinks he's got the best tool he could have for his purposes.
Man, that TS blade looks mean. Whaddya think, a 14" 12-tooth :eek: .

Larry, have you checked out thinkgeek.com? I think you'll like it, I believe they have a 10 kinds of people t-shirt.

Jay

Larry Browning
08-18-2004, 7:29 PM
It is not too clear in this picture after resizing, but that belt is very loose and is fluttering like mad!

Do you think that stack of wood was ripped on that saw? With no rip fence or miter slot how does he cut anything at all let alone safely? Man! OSHA would have fit :eek:

Larry

Greg Tatum
08-18-2004, 7:46 PM
If he injures himself with that setup do you think he'll find a lawyer to take the tool maker to court :rolleyes: ....oh, wait, wrong country.

greg

Chris Padilla
08-18-2004, 7:46 PM
I'll tell you what's wrong: He is going to kill his back bending over like that...grab a chair or make one fer chrissakes!!! ;)