PDA

View Full Version : New to the Creek but lurking for a while.

Joe Meazle
08-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Hello folks,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the good information that I have gotten through the forum. I have been lurking her since day one and did a couple of years at the badger pond. I have a shop full of tools that I got great deals on because of information on this forum and others like it. I am yet another Arkie, in Conway no less. I have met the world famous Denis Peacock. He has been a great resource for me with sharpening lessons, and supplier info. He has even offered to help me out when I wire my shop. It seems that the forum is full of folks willing to share their knowledge and telnets. I am currently working wood in a spare room in the house that used to have a window AC so I have 220 for the Table saw. I will be moving into a small detached brick garage. I have had to reframe it form the inside due to insect damage. Dennis, I just finished the framing. So in a couple of weeks I will start digging, if it is not too hot.

Anyway the reason that I have been able to get over my bashfulness and officially join the creek, is that I recently ordered some several small items from Toolcrib/amazon. Almost all of the items shipped separately and came with a $10 off $100 code. I am not going to use them and would like to offer them up. Hopefully someone can use them and save a little money:

THXM-3SZBFK-NDRZ6Q

THDV-Q4D3QT-3LZ8AU

THV7-JVYKWY-QDJNSY

THNF-Z8SV6J-EXYXW6

I know a few of you bought a new Twin laser Delta CMS at Lowes recently. I got the same one back in December with rebates (thanks for that tip). Toolcrib has the Forrest Chopmaster on sale for $116 and some change. Pretty tempting with the $10 discount and free shipping at $106. I guess I need to insert a disclaimer here. I am in no way affiliated with any company mentioned.

I have noticed that there a few KC guys on the forum. I went to Grad school at KU and the Woodcraft on Bluejacket was where I really got into WW. I heard that the WW Club is no longer open there. That was a great way to get started. I haven’t been up there since 2000 bit have been craving L.C.’s Arthur Bryant’s and Stroud’s ever since I left.

I have been around WW my whole life. But have been pursuing it recreationally for only a few years. My dad worked wood and my oldest Brother is a Shop/FFA teacher (with a complete set of digits). I also worked in a big cabinet factory on summer right out of high school. I was an art major for a while, among other majors, and would often cut parts for classmates that were afraid of the loud machines and spinning. I have always had access to a shop of some sort.

You guys probably won’t hear from me much certainly not as much as Mr. 1000 + posts Peacock, but know that I am out there lurking around and enjoying the forum.

Thanks,

Joe

Ted Shrader
08-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Joe -

Welcome to the Creek - Officially. Glad you finally jumped in and introduced yourself.

I graduated from KU many more years ago tha I care to remember.

Rock Chalk,
Ted

Jerry Olexa
08-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Joe ,lurkers are also welcomed!! I agree this forum is made up of good people willing to share and Help!! I used to travel to Bentonville to call on WalMart so Im familiar w your area (including famous citizen B. Clinton). Good post. Keep em coming!!:)

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 12:40 PM
<b>It's about TIME!!!!!</b> :eek:

Glad to see ya join SMC.!!! :D

Now don't you go bein' a stranger 'round these parts. It only takes a few minutes to read and post as needed.

Welcome to SMC Joe..!!!! Glad to have another Arkie around here.! ;)

Rob Russell
08-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Joe,

It's great that you've stopped lurking! Now, you'll start to get grief about pictures. :D Better use one of those Amazon codes to pickup a little digital camera ...

Rob

Kurt Aebi
08-18-2004, 1:01 PM
Welcome to the "Creek" Joe.

Remember it is "Creeks" that fill the "Pond" there are a lot of us old Ponder's that have swam upstream to the "Creek". lol

Have fun with it and you'll soon be nearing Dennis' post tally!

Jack Young
08-18-2004, 4:06 PM
Welcome, Joe-

I am a displaced Razorback myself, and the Arkie contingent here is quite present. As you already know, it's a dynamite site.

Jack

Dick Parr
08-18-2004, 4:11 PM
Welcome to the Creek Joe!

Lou Morrissette
08-18-2004, 5:00 PM
Joe,

Welcome to the Creek from another former lurker.:D These guys are great.

Pete Harbin
08-18-2004, 8:23 PM
Welcome aboard Joe.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-18-2004, 8:24 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Joe!

Billy Reynolds
08-18-2004, 9:07 PM
Welcome Joe from another ARKIE 10 miles down the road, Mayflower :) :)

Jim Ketron
08-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Welcome Joe!
Jim

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Have fun with it and you'll soon be nearing Dennis' post tally!

Kurt....

Not if I can help it.!!! ;) :D :p

Joe Meazle
08-19-2004, 1:13 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I doubt if Mr. Peacock’s tally will be in jeopardy. I have to spend a third of my day sleeping. That guy is like rust, he never sleeps.

Billy, Dennis tells me that you have a LT Jet table saw. That makes three in Faulkner County despite a lack of dealers in the area.

Joe

Dennis Peacock
08-19-2004, 1:24 AM
I have to spend a third of my day sleeping. That guy is like rust, he never sleeps.

Joe

Joe,

Why so much sleep? :confused: :p Shoot, I can get a LOT more done awake than I can asleep!!!!! Now....where did I put that screw driver?!!!! :eek:

Kelly C. Hanna
08-19-2004, 8:50 AM
You already know this is the best WW forum on the web so I'll just say welcome!

Jim Becker
08-19-2004, 9:24 AM
Welcome to the non-lurking side of the 'Creek! Speaking up is encouraged...espcially when accompianied by "visual entertainment"... :D

Chris Padilla
08-19-2004, 10:46 AM
That guy is like rust, he never sleeps.
LOL! Joe, I likes ya already...you'll fit in here jeeeesssttttt fine!!!

Will you be attending Mr. Hatfield's BBQ?? I'm the only fool flying in! :eek:

Dennis Peacock
08-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Chris,

I've mentioned it to him about the BBQ....I think as from "one Arkie to another" I'll REQUIRE his attendance at the BBQ :eek: :D ....even if it's just for one day. :cool: :)

I can't "make" him go, but I can "hot wire" his new shop enough to make him WANT to go to the BBQ!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :p

Joe Meazle
08-19-2004, 2:28 PM
Good afternoon,
I am going to try to get up there but I think I have to got go to the Hogs game in LR with my honey's papa. I may try get up there to the BBQ on sunday. I really want to check out that Festool Cir saw. Thay don't sell those at Wal-Mart yet. Do they?
Joe

thomas prevost
08-19-2004, 4:15 PM
Welcome aboard!! even some of us memebers are lurkers. There is so much to learn from these guys that more is learned by reading than giving my humble two cents.:) :) :) BUT!! I got a digital camera recently. Now I have to learn to post pics. That means a project also to post !!

Brad Schmid
08-19-2004, 9:33 PM
Welcome Joe! Glad you joined in.

Brad