PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Graduation Gifts

Billy Tallant
06-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Teachers at work wanted some graduation gifts, so I had to get busy after getting off work today. I got all 5 turned & finished. First time I've turned this many in an evening. I enjoy taking my time and not having to rush. But I wanted these finished before I head in to school tomorrow morning. All came out ok, not happy with the 2nd one from the left. This was a new design for me, a St. Charles pen. Bushings didn't seem to make a good fit. Next one I will just use the calipers instead. Critiques/comments always welcome...

Todd Burch
06-04-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm guessing those two on the right are for guys? ;)

Mark Norman
06-04-2009, 1:03 AM
All five look great! Love the bullet casing ones:D

alex carey
06-04-2009, 2:33 AM
All 5 look great. I am guessing you don't like the second one because of the flow seems slightly interrupted on the bottom?

Billy Tallant
06-04-2009, 3:06 AM
Alex, the second one bothers me because the center ring is not flush with the wood. It looks ok, but I'm very detailed oriented... I've actually tried the pen without the center band & I like it much better without the center band. So tomorrow I will show the person the pen with & without the center band. They can then decide how they want to go with it.

Bernie Weishapl
06-04-2009, 9:36 AM
Billy those are some great looking pens. They will make great gifts.

John Fricke
06-04-2009, 4:50 PM
You could of made bottle stoppers, goes quicker when in a hurry. Might as well get those kids off on the right foot in life...:eek: Pens look great BTW

Steve Schlumpf
06-04-2009, 4:58 PM
Very nice work Billy! I am sure they will be appreciated! Really like the antler/casing pens! Nice combination!