PDA

View Full Version : Win XP help

Bart Leetch
08-18-2004, 11:11 AM
For some reason my windows open up small. Is there some way to get them to open up full sized. I've tried refreshing the window after expanding it & that didn't work.

Ted Shrader
08-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Bart -

When that happens to me, I just hit the "full size" button, then close (not minimize) the window. Reopen the program immediately and do it again (if required). The Windows then remembers the way you want it.

Good luck,
Ted

Michael Perata
08-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Bart

If you "Right Click" on the icon that starts the program and then go to "Properties" a box will open. Under the heading "Run" will be three choices, Normal window, Minimized, Maximised. Chose Maximised, then Apply and OK.

The program will always open maximized.

Bart Leetch
08-18-2004, 3:34 PM
I guess I wasn't very clear on the problem I've having. It's when I'm on the internet & open a new window. Whether I am just going on the internet or right click open in a new window it opens up small. I have tried maximizing the window & then closing it. I have also drug the window bigger & then closed it. It is still is opening small.

Chris Padilla
08-18-2004, 7:14 PM
Hey Bart...how about putting up that pic I slaved over for you!! :D ;)

Dennis Peacock
08-18-2004, 7:21 PM
Good question Bart......

I'm still running W2K Pro and ain't going to XP for another year to give them time to work out the bugs and security issues. Besides that....my machine at home probably won't run XP. :)

Jim Becker
08-18-2004, 9:49 PM
Bart, have you run any anti-spyware program lately? You may have an "invisible" browser window open somewhere that is small which would give the results you are having. If you don't have it or something similar, download Ad-Aware from Lavasoft (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/), install it, update the reference file and run it.

Kevin Arceneaux
08-20-2004, 10:23 AM
I run both Adaware (there is a new version out) and Spybot S&D. They compliment each other. I have found that what one misses, the other finds. Spybot can be found at http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html It is free, but you can donate a few bucks if you find it worthwhile. I did, it is nice to help some guys out who are doing a ton of work for free.

Hal Flynt
08-20-2004, 1:33 PM
Try this if I read you correctly.

Take one of the windows that's too small and make it the size you want it. Then Close it. Now launch a new one, it should be the same size as the one you closed.

I will try to find where that setting is, but it tells XP to remember the last setting. This means that if you close a small window after closing a correctly sized window, it will remeber that last one closed.

Aaron Koehl
08-20-2004, 2:09 PM
I guess I wasn't very clear on the problem I've having. It's when I'm on the internet & open a new window. Whether I am just going on the internet or right click open in a new window it opens up small. I have tried maximizing the window & then closing it. I have also drug the window bigger & then closed it. It is still is opening small.
Bart,

Close all of your IE windows except for one.

Rather than maximizing the window, simply drag the window to the upper left corner of your screen, then drag the bottom right corner of the window down to make it nearly full screen. (Don't click on the maximize window button).

Then, close the browser. This will set the default "viewing size" for your browser without making you open the window maximized.

_Aaron_