PDA

View Full Version : Anodized memorial bracelets.

Jeff Chumbley
06-03-2009, 3:49 PM
I saw here awhile back where someone had posted a picture of the flat anodized band that they engrave for memorial bracelets. I have searched and looked back through posts but cannot seem to find it. I think it was a picture and a link to where you can purchase the blanks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Todd Suire
06-03-2009, 4:45 PM
Jeff,

Here's the link where I ended up when I looked for the same info....

http://www.monroespecialty.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MIT&Category_Code=ENB

I'm new in the laser engraving business and I'm considering these as part of my product line. Do you have any experience with producing and marketing these bracelets?

Todd

Jeff Chumbley
06-03-2009, 5:41 PM
Thats what I was looking for. Thank you. I do not market them as of yet. I am replacing broken ones of our son in law KIA in Iraq.

Todd Suire
06-04-2009, 5:04 PM
I'm sorry for your loss; God Bless Him and I am thankful for his service.

No matter what service he was in;

Semper Fi
Todd Suire
SSgt USMC
'88 - '00

nancy barry
06-04-2009, 5:32 PM
On the Monroe site, it states that the blanks "may not be flat due to manufacturing process" and that they require a slip roller to shape them. Also states that they are shipped as a quantity in a baggie.There is no mention of the quantity. I am willing to buy some if need be to help to get the required quantity. I do not see contact email or phone for this company.I can see these as gifts for families and as a fund-raiser at the high school level with team info or ??? on them.

I am wondering how will they engrave if they are not flat? or if it will be necessary to put them on ?? cylindrical to engrave them.?

I too am grateful for your SiL's service and sacrifice. I will add your family to my daily gratitude prayer list.

GOD BLESS!
nancyB

Anthony Welch
06-04-2009, 8:07 PM
I made the recent post, http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=111058 , looking for 3/4" bracelets.

Marc Kolhbaur from Monroe specialties notified me he makes 1/2" bands and also gave me links for slip rollers, http://www.accucutter.com/PR12W.htm and http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=36698 ,which I ordered from HF as it was cheaper.

He was very helpful, and may in the future get the material to make the 3/4". So for now I ordered the 1/2" in various colors. He also sent some samples so I could experiment with. These are exellent for names and silhouette type clipart. I'm still looking for 3/4" bands until he can get them made, as I feel these will do well with photos and more detailed art.

The one's he speaks of that are not completley flat, just have an ever so slight bow in them and can be bent by hand back to flat. where it is taking some work is using the slip roller to get them to curl without sctaching them. I'm getting better at it though.

Anthony

Scott M Smith
06-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree with Todd on that!

Scott Smith
EM2
USS Nevada (SSBN 733)
'96 - '99

Dan Hintz
06-05-2009, 8:54 AM
Anthony,

Try placing a slip of wax paper (or any paper, for that matter) around the piece before rolling it to cut down on scratching.

Anthony Welch
06-05-2009, 9:01 AM
Thanks Dan I will try that.

Anthony

Bill Cunningham
06-06-2009, 8:29 PM
Aluminum is not that tough of a material, can it not be formed over a piece of 'anything' thats round? i.e. for a skinny wrist, is there some particular reason it can't be simply bent around something the diameter of a pop can, rather than spending more time than it's worth 'rolling' them?

Dan Hintz
06-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Aluminum is not that tough of a material, can it not be formed over a piece of 'anything' thats round? i.e. for a skinny wrist, is there some particular reason it can't be simply bent around something the diameter of a pop can, rather than spending more time than it's worth 'rolling' them?
Not a problem for thin material or thicker stuff with a lot of length, but ever tried to bend a 1/16" thick piece that's 1.5" long? I think your fingers will get tired in a hurry...

Anthony Welch
06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
can it not be formed over a piece of 'anything' thats round?

I tried that, as a matter of fact, I cut some 1/8" ply in the shape of an oval (wrist), stacked and glued them. Tried to form them to that shape by hand. did not work out well. Had sharp turns at places. Might work if you could heat them up and form with rubber hammer, but not the course I wanted to go with.

I do have in my mind of a "shaper" just to do wrist bands. But will take some tinkering to get it to work. The slip roller will continue to form the wristbands for me, but also will shape brass wire for stands for my turned bird houses I make. So even if I develop a better mouse trap for the wristbands, I can use the slip roller for other things.

Anthony

Bill Cunningham
06-09-2009, 7:48 PM
Not a problem for thin material or thicker stuff with a lot of length, but ever tried to bend a 1/16" thick piece that's 1.5" long? I think your fingers will get tired in a hurry...

I would have to agree, that size would be a tough go, but I don't think 1.5" long is going to fit anyones wrist, and I was thinking of wrist bands..

I tried that, as a matter of fact, I cut some 1/8" ply in the shape of an oval (wrist), stacked and glued them. Tried to form them to that shape by hand. did not work out well. Had sharp turns at places. Might work if you could heat them up and form with rubber hammer, but not the course I wanted to go with.

I do have in my mind of a "shaper" just to do wrist bands. But will take some tinkering to get it to work. The slip roller will continue to form the wristbands for me, but also will shape brass wire for stands for my turned bird houses I make. So even if I develop a better mouse trap for the wristbands, I can use the slip roller for other things.

AnthonyIf you can drill a hole through the center of your form, block one end of the piece in the form & get it to rotate against a stationary vertical roller, it should wind around it OK.. I used to do a lot of 1/8" x 1" 'steel' flat bar like that and never had a problem..

Dan Hintz
06-10-2009, 1:30 PM
I would have to agree, that size would be a tough go, but I don't think 1.5" long is going to fit anyones wrist, and I was thinking of wrist bands..
Oh, does the piece wrap around the entire wrist, or are we talking about a small medallion held on by a chain?

Gary and Jessica Houghton
06-10-2009, 5:36 PM
Chewbarka Tags will make them 3/4" X 7" I think. I know they are 3/4", but I don't recall off the top of my head how long. They have to be ordered in lots of 1000. I was going to order some, but more like 100. If anyone wants to go in together, I might be interested. I talk to the owner on a routine basis, and he is absolutely great!!! P.M. me if you're intersted.

Andrew Christie
01-10-2019, 6:50 PM
These can be ordered online at www.identificationtags.com in anodized aluminum & stainless steel along with an inexpensive manual bender.

Bert Kemp
01-10-2019, 8:48 PM
Did you look at the date of this thread LOL its almost 9 years old
These can be ordered online at www.identificationtags.com (http://www.identificationtags.com) in anodized aluminum & stainless steel along with an inexpensive manual bender.

Gary Hair
01-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Maybe they are waiting on customer approval, you know that can take some time...

Did you look at the date of this thread LOL its almost 19 years old

Bert Kemp
01-11-2019, 2:08 AM
That could be it:rolleyes:

Maybe they are waiting on customer approval, you know that can take some time...