PDA

View Full Version : Laser Alignment Question

Steve Willis
06-03-2009, 8:06 AM
New members of any forum are notorious about asking for help without having contributed anything... Hate to do so, but here goes...

I found a post for alignment instructions for the Epilog Mini and saved/printed them. I have an old Summit whose tube I've removed and put back into place as a test prior to spending the money to get it recharged or replaced.

Does anyone know the procedure to test if the tube is firing, and for setting the alignment on the Eilog Summit?

:o Thanks in advance.

Steve Willis

Mike Null
06-03-2009, 8:23 AM
Steve

Welcome to the forum.

Why don't you call Epilog tech support and get it right the first time. They'll give you everything you need.

Steve Willis
06-03-2009, 9:38 AM
I'm not the original owner of the machine and had hoped not to bother them with a question/procedure for which I have no reasonable claim.

I probably should email them. That would take less of their time and effort than a call would.

My main wish for this machine is to simply get some hands-on experience prior to spending the money for a new one.

Thanks - Steve

Scott Shepherd
06-03-2009, 9:42 AM
Steve, they don't care about that. They support the machine, not the owner, so you're all good and shouldn't feel any guilt at all. Tech Support are nice people out there and they'll be glad to help you with it. It doesn't cost anything either.

Welcome to SMC!

Peck Sidara
06-03-2009, 9:46 AM
Steve,

No worries about 2nd, 3rd or 4th ownership. Our tech support group is here to help and if docs/parts are available, you're more then welcome to them and our free support. Give them a call at 303.215.9171 or email at tech at epiloglaser dot com

Tim Bateson
06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Steve, Remember you're dealing with Epilog, not Microsoft. They prove over & over that some companies still care about customer service. They make good equipment & stand behind them.

AL Ursich
06-03-2009, 10:48 AM
I have 2 older machines and a call to them to register the machines in your name is a good deal. I ordered a mirror and got instructions and a laser triggering device.

They are a great company. If only Microsoft had adopted the same ethics.

AL

Steve Willis
06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for all the quick responses.

I've sent an email request to Epilog explaining (briefly) what I've done and why.

I have called them in the past back when I first purchased this machine, and found them very helpfull. (Just don't like making a pest of myself.)

If the info is available I'm sure they'll let me know and I'll pass it along.

Registering the machine in my name would be a good idea too...

Steve Willis

Steve Willis
06-03-2009, 8:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome, and the friendly advise given.

I've contacted Epilog and gotten a pdf for the procedure to realign the Summit. (Which I've attached to the post - I hope...) :rolleyes:

I'll experiment with this a bit before deciding whether to replace the machine, or get it back into proper working order.
________
Thanks again - Steve Willis

Anthony Welch
06-04-2009, 8:37 PM
I also have used Epilog engraver and their support for me has been excellent.

When this machine can no longer produce for me, I'll also go back with an Epilog. Not only because it's a good machine, but I'll know they'll do their best to help with it after the warranty is out, even if it's pre-owned.

Anthony