PDA

View Full Version : Barracuda4 chuck

dennis kranz
06-02-2009, 1:59 AM
This is over on deals and discounts. Anyone ever deal with them? Seems like a good price for a large chuck.
Dennis

Jeff Nicol
06-02-2009, 6:37 AM
The PSI barracuda chucks so far for me have been real winners for the price. The 4 is bigger than the II and I see no reason that it would not perform as good as the smaller II does. Your link was pulled before I saw where they were at so not sure of the price.

Jeff

robert hainstock
06-02-2009, 9:00 AM
I have had great sucess with PSI products over the years, including the smaller barracuda for my 12" lathes, the sharpening system, Ben's best tools, and so on. Good luck. :)
Bob

Dennis Puskar
06-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I also have PSI tools BB lathe tools, Barracuda chuck, centers, etc. and have great sucess with them.

Dennis

christopher stemen
06-03-2009, 9:16 PM
Hope you are not in a hurry to receive your chuck!! Couple of months back I ordered the TIN chuck when they were running a special price on their website for $140.00. Paid for the chuck and got a conformation by email, all things great right?? Few days later got a notice that a refund was received from them. Called and they said their was a limited number of them at this price and I would need to reordeer at the $169 price. Reluctantly I did. 7 weeks later, half dozen phone calls and no correspondence, I received the chuck direct from PennState. This outfit is a NOT FOR PROFIT that is selling these to raise money for exhibits and classes for inner city kids. They have "NO" customer service, never return phone calls, and never seem to be in the office. My suggestion is to go through PennState directly, it will be a much smoother transaction:mad::mad::mad:.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/misc/progress.gif