PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Grizzly CL Gloat in Less Than a Month!!!

Jason Hanko
06-02-2009, 1:33 AM
About three and a half weeks ago I jumped on a pretty good G0555 Bandsaw deal on craigslist (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=111987&highlight=adopted).
Now today I scored a G1023s Table Saw for $450! Wooo!
Got her home and unloaded in one piece, and immediately started field stripping her for some cleaning and TLC. (I even forgot to take a 'before' picture prior to removing the rails and extension wings)
She seems to be in pretty good condition - there's no rust anywhere that wont come off with some light buffing.
I did some dusting and cleaning, but cant fire up the shop vac for fear or waking the neighbors at this time of night.
I can't wait to get her all shined up and ready to go - too bad I dont yet have 220v out to my garage, err, shop. I guess that's the next project, and til then Im stuck using my Jet contractor. This is like buying a new sports car and all the gas stations are closed! :mad:

Pete Janke
06-02-2009, 2:02 AM
It came with sawdust? Or, is that from a field test? When I brought home my CL Ridgid Planer, it was plenty dirty, but cleaned up nice and works great. I'm usually too late to come home with a great bargain.

scott spencer
06-02-2009, 7:17 AM
Congrats Jason! Nice catch!

Russ Boyd
06-02-2009, 8:15 AM
Great buy. Have fun with it.

Gary McKown
06-02-2009, 1:25 PM
Great buy and great saw. I see you took off the top - hope you kept track of where the C-shaped shims between top and cabinet were located. I didn't, and had to go through the angled-blade-to-slot alignment process.

Rob Wright
06-02-2009, 4:14 PM
Congrats! I saw that saw on the list the other day and thought of you and your last gloat - funny that you actually did end up with it! I have the same saw - 11yrs now - and love it. One hint - there may have been some washers under the table or under the trunion to the cabinet - make sure those are put back in - it keeps the alignment of the saw when it is tipped and it is crucial that the same number of washers be replaced in the correct areas DAMHIKT!:mad:

read the bottom of this post:

http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/g1023s.htm

Jim Kountz
06-02-2009, 5:53 PM
Great score, man you suck!!

Mike Langford
06-02-2009, 6:23 PM
NICE SCORE Jason (super price)........Craigslist Rules!!!

You did nicely on your CL bandsaw find too!.............

Congrats

Ed Peters
06-03-2009, 5:09 PM
too bad I dont yet have 220v out to my garage, err, shop. I guess that's the next project, and til then Im stuck using my Jet contractor. This is like buying a new sports car and all the gas stations are closed! :mad:

It is prety simple to switch the motor over to 110v. If the manual didn't come with the saw you can download it from the Grizzly website.

Ed

Chris Padilla
06-03-2009, 6:42 PM
Assuming that is a "Grizzly" 3 hp motor on your table saw, you'll really be taxing a 120 V/20 A circuit. They are known for "nusance" tripping such a circuit. You'll be much happier running that off a 240 V circuit (20 or 30 A). If you have a dryer outlet nearby, that'll serve you until you put in a new circuit.