PDA

View Full Version : maple gloat

curtis rosche
06-01-2009, 9:00 AM
so my history teacher told me he had some wood in his yard . he cut down a tree and his neighbor took all but 2 peices. he left the 2 peices that knew he couldnt split.

these 2 peices are huge. thats a size 13 shoe in the picture. it is the main crotch of an urban maple, and the peice right below that on the tree. the bottom of the main crotch has 5 piths.

they were really really heavy but i was able to get them in the truck with one hand.

put a hand winch on the hook in back of the truck, put a ramp of the tailgate then just draged it up. only problem was i had to roll the logs from the back yard to the front yard first. no room to just drive around. these should keep me busy along with the reclaimed wood. now to just wait for my finger.

Steve Schlumpf
06-01-2009, 9:19 AM
Curtis - congrats on the wood score! Be sure to seal it real good as it looks like it must have been cut a while ago! Hope your finger is healing quickly!

Bernie Weishapl
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Congrats on the gloat Curtis. Like Steve said get'em sealed.

alex carey
06-01-2009, 3:38 PM
Nice gloat, never say no to maple.

Ken Glass
06-01-2009, 6:10 PM
Curtis,
Make sure you check it thoroughly for nails, staples, Etc. Being a city tree in an urban area, that size, just might give you a metal surprise you don't want on one of your good gouges.
Enjoy the great looking wood!