PDA

View Full Version : Incra 1000 SE flip-stop question.

Robert Reihsen
05-31-2009, 10:08 PM
I just bought an Incra 1000SE. I have it mostly put together and had to shim the fence to get it perpendicular to the table. Now it seems to be right on at 90 degrees also. So far so good.
I cant figure how to attach the flip-stop to the fence. The stop has 2 nylon screws that should be for clamping the stop to the fence, but they're not long enough to clamp to anything. So it just lays on the top of the fence. The box came with a package of hardware for the flip-stop, but I don't see how the hardware will fasten it to the fence. Seems like I must be missing a spacer. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Cary Falk
05-31-2009, 10:44 PM
I am having a hard time picturing what you are saying. I have a 1000SE and never had a problem. Does these pictures from the website clear things up? Theflip stop sits on top when you screw in the plastic screws the teeth engage each other and lock in place.
http://www.incra.com/images/miter_1000se_detail2.jpg
http://www.incra.com/images/miter_1000se_detail3.jpg

Robert Reihsen
05-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Cary.
The plastic screws screw all the way in and nothing meshes or engages. There is a quarter inch of slop between the screw tips and the fence. The stop just sits on top of the fence if the stops are in the "up" position. It will balance on top of the fence as the lower picture shows, but will fall off if moved. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense.
In one of the slots of the fence there are black plastic strips with tiny serrations on their faces which look to me like they should be engaging something.

Cary Falk
05-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Robert,
Do these pictures help?

Cary

Robert Reihsen
05-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Cary
I see a black plastic spacer opposite the tips of the plastic screws. That would be the 1/4 inch spacer I was thinking I must need. Mine does not have that. Just looked in my box and bags of hardware and there's nothing like that to be seen. Is that something that was already on the stop, or did you have to install it from supplied hardware?
Thanks,
Bob

Alan Schaffter
05-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the reply Cary.
The plastic screws screw all the way in and nothing meshes or engages. There is a quarter inch of slop between the screw tips and the fence. The stop just sits on top of the fence if the stops are in the "up" position. It will balance on top of the fence as the lower picture shows, but will fall off if moved. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense.
In one of the slots of the fence there are black plastic strips with tiny serrations on their faces which look to me like they should be engaging something.

The strips should be on the saw side of the top section of the fence as in the pic above and Fig. 14 in the manual. They mate with serrated pieces on the inside of the Flip Shop Stop under where it says "INCRA".

Do you have the manual, if not, there is an excellent, well illustrated, full color copy online (http://incra.com/manuals/miter1000se_new.pdf) at the new Incremental Tools web site. Flip Stop info starts on pp 15. Does your fence and stop look like those pictures especially Fig. 15? If not give them a call- they have great customer service.

Cary Falk
05-31-2009, 11:59 PM
It came already assymbled on mine. That spacer has teeth on it like the one on the fence. Call Incra and have them ship one out. I had some missing washers that take out the slop in the miter slot and they sent me out a bag of all of them(not just the ones I was missing) asap. I don't see a part number. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a new flipstop. They are a great company to work with. 972-242-9975

Robert Reihsen
06-01-2009, 12:11 AM
Alan
I do have the manual, but it doesn't have an illustration of the inside of the stop. My stop doesn't have the serrated pieces on the inside of the Flip Shop Stop under where it says "INCRA". This explains why the plastic screws weren't long enough for anything to mesh. Cary's photo showed what mine was missing. Thanks Cary.
I'll give them a call tomorrow. Sounds like they're fairly responsive to customers with problems.
Thanks again,
Bob

Robert Reihsen
06-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Cary
Thanks for your trouble. I appreciate you taking the time to get the pictures. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Bob

Robert Reihsen
06-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Cary
Thanks for your trouble. I appreciate you taking the time to get the pictures. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Bob

Cary Falk
06-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Cary
Thanks again,
Bob

Your welcome. I'm glad I could help.
Cary