PDA

View Full Version : Mallet from an old bowling pin

Mike Minto
05-31-2009, 8:21 PM
Here's a carving mallet, made from the wood inside a trashed bowling pin. Anyone know what kind of wood they are using inside those plastic coated pins, these days? Someone I know of had an old one, said the wood inside was maple - this one may be laminated maple, maybe not. Anyone comments always welcomed. ***NOPE***, pic won't load. don't know why. Well, here's the link if anyone wants to see it - I even changed the name of the file, but won't load again.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1145635#post1145635

Thomas Knapp
05-31-2009, 8:36 PM
I don't know why your pictures won't load. :confused: Most of the bowling pins I have seen are maple. I volunteered with the Boy Scouts for about 10 years. Some of the Scout troops in our area used old bowling pins to drive tent stakes. They should hold up when used as a mallet.

John Fricke
05-31-2009, 11:12 PM
You posted the pic in the turners forum. I don't think you can load the same pic twice on here.

mike holden
06-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Mike,
The pic has to be different to be uploaded twice here. There is a way to point to the uploaded pic for reuse, but it seems awfully difficult to me. I just crop the pic a tiny little bit and rename it, then it will upload as a "different" pic.
Mike