PDA

View Full Version : Saw a Creeker on TV this morning...

Ken Fitzgerald
05-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Recently I discovered that TV guide on our local cable channels was mis-lableling The Woodturning Shop....as the Woodwright's Shop. I've been able to to see Tim Yoder and I enjoy his show.

This morning he had a gentleman guest on the show to talk briefly about pen turning and it appears to me to have been Greg Heppeard....who is a Creeker.

Jim Kountz
05-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Well thats really cool Ken!! Maybe we should all check our local listings to make sure they arent doing this anywhere else. I was getting the Woodturning Shop then all the sudden it was yanked. Maybe its still there??

Steve Schlumpf
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Ken - is this a PBS offering or is it something that is on digital cable like the DIY network? Curious as nothing is listed locally for either show. Any chance it is something that can be viewed online?

Brian McInturff
05-31-2009, 1:41 PM
Steve,
Tim's show is a PBS show. It came on here for the first 2 seasons, then in Oct. they just stopped showing it. They didn't pick up Season 3 for some reason. Oh, his name is Tim Yoder, not Yost. He turns on a Stubby. I thought his instructions on his tv program were very practical. I need to contact Time Warner and see why they quit carrying it. Here is a link about his show:
http://www.woodturner.org/resources/pbs.htm

Robert Parrish
05-31-2009, 2:58 PM
Our local PBS station has been listing the Woodwrights Shop but it is actually the Woodsmith shop being aired. BTW I discovered a good Pen making podcast last night from the Woodsmith store. They are recording their classes and making then available via a free podcast.

Mike Meredith
06-18-2009, 3:07 PM
Oregon Art Beat, a production of Oregon Public Broadcasting, declined to cover the AAW Symposium in 2007 here in Portland. The suggestion that the largest wood artist gathering in the world might be of interest to viewers fell on deaf ears. I was informed that "nobody was interested in as bunch of old white guys making rolling pins".
I have little hope for getting this program on the schedule. But I keep trying.

Jerome Hanby
06-18-2009, 4:45 PM
I've noticed that there are quite a few wood working shows on the national PBS feed that never show up on my local PBS affiliate. DirecTv says they can unlock the feed if I get a waiver for the local PBS. Local PBS always say that should be no problem, someone will contact me, never contacted. They are consistent, I've danced this same waltz three separate times all with the same result:D Glad I don't know what the wavier looks like, I'd be tempted to forge one.