PDA

View Full Version : New Video link to big burl bowl

Jeff Nicol
05-30-2009, 7:19 PM
Good afternoon all, Here is the video I promised of me working on the big burl bowl. I got it down t where it would stay together and not loose to much of the good stuff! I started sanding on it today and it will take a while to get it right so I can put some sort of finish on it. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFJ7xON7BA0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFJ7xON7BA0)

Thanks for checking it out!

Jeff

Mark Norman
05-30-2009, 7:34 PM
Great work on the burl and the video.

The mentoring is doing me well:):D

Steve Schlumpf
05-30-2009, 7:43 PM
Looks really good Jeff! Sometimes you have to keep things a little thick just so it will stay together! This is one of those times! Nice work!

Brian McInturff
05-30-2009, 8:48 PM
That's a good one Jeff. You really pushed it to the limits. Any thinner and it probably would've exploded on you. Good job with the Duct tape too.:cool::cool:

PS- I hope you weren't planning on using that as a sink:D

Bernie Weishapl
05-30-2009, 9:13 PM
Nice work Jeff. Looks really good.

Garth Jones
05-30-2009, 9:31 PM
Very cool! Thanks for putting that together. Post a pic of the finished piece....

Cheers,
Garth

Gary Conklin
05-30-2009, 9:55 PM
So glad to see you went with the duct tape! Doubt that baby would have held together otherwise! What a great looking piece!!

Eugene Wigley
05-30-2009, 10:22 PM
That's amazing Jeff. I can't believe you were able to keep it from breaking apart on the lathe. Incredible work. Thanks for posting the video.

Marc Himes
05-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Impressive turning and a very instructive video. Thanks for posting it. Keeping that piece together was a real feat.

Well done!

Marc Himes

alex carey
05-31-2009, 4:01 AM
Wow, very impressive, that piece has a ton of potential, looks like it's going to work out nicely.

jason lambert
05-31-2009, 2:14 PM
Nice job given what you had to work with it is quite impressive you held it together.

Mark Norman
05-31-2009, 2:51 PM
Went back and watched it again and thought I would comment on the video. I would offer there is too much transitions in the production of it. I use transitions in my slideshows but I have found they are distracting when used too much. I would increase the dwell time on the last few pics of the finished piece as well.

Thanks again for producing and sharing it Jeff.

Jeff Nicol
05-31-2009, 3:50 PM
Went back and watched it again and thought I would comment on the video. I would offer there is too much transitions in the production of it. I use transitions in my slideshows but I have found they are distracting when used too much. I would increase the dwell time on the last few pics of the finished piece as well.

Thanks again for producing and sharing it Jeff.
Mark, I did the shooting of the video myself and there was lots of boring dead time of me just turning. So to get it cut down to less than 10min we added some fun inbetween the places where I was not talking and was talking. Usually my buddy helps me with the taping and it works out better. We are planning a funny video soon so it will be cool so stay tuned!

I used ta cudd'nt saa wuudturner, now eye are wun!

Jeff

Mark Norman
05-31-2009, 5:05 PM
I used ta cudd'nt saa wuudturner, now eye are wun!

Jeff
LOL

Yeppers, eue es wun!!

Again, Good job Jeff.